C250 high-mileage reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2017 | 06:43 PM

C250
C250 high-mileage reliability

Hello everyone! My fiancees lease on her 2015 C250 1.8t (only 20k miles) is up in a few days so we need to either buy another car or keep this one. If we keep it, I'm deciding on whether or not to buy the extended warranty. I will be maintaining the car, but I was curious about some common problems that the car may encounter as the miles begin to pile up, especially with the engine and transmission?. I've done some searching on common problems but have not found much aside from some that require relatively easy fixes or ones that are just generally annoying like creaking and squeaking. Did I miss something?

Thanks for any help!
Old 11-27-2017 | 06:21 AM

Mercedes C250 Coupe
I have lightly driven a CPO C250 1.8 turbo - with no problems - for close to three years.

I recall the finance dude - whose job is to make money for the company - telling me there are only two classes of Mercedes owners:

Those who worry about expensive repair issues and those with extended warranties.

If it will help you in any way, I can provide his name and telephone for you.

Holidays best,

ez
Old 12-10-2017 | 12:35 PM

2013 Mercedes C250 sport coupe
I have a 2013 C250 sport coupe. I've had it since February 2015 and so far I haven't had any issue. Only money I've spent so far is on regular service and tires and I have the service done at an independent shop to save some money. It's been a pleasant surprise and I plan to keep it as long as it's reliable.
Old 12-18-2017 | 11:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C260
Smile

Originally Posted by SpoolinUp
Hello everyone! My fiancees lease on her 2015 C250 1.8t (only 20k miles) is up in a few days so we need to either buy another car or keep this one. If we keep it, I'm deciding on whether or not to buy the extended warranty. I will be maintaining the car, but I was curious about some common problems that the car may encounter as the miles begin to pile up, especially with the engine and transmission?. I've done some searching on common problems but have not found much aside from some that require relatively easy fixes or ones that are just generally annoying like creaking and squeaking. Did I miss something?

Thanks for any help!
hi'
reliability depends on many factors how you service your car who services your car
my car c250 I buy at 47000 kilometre now done 125000 kilometres
I do service my self buy oil filter and spark plugs from Germany rexbo.eu
also I have a compete diagnostic carly app on my iphones no issues at all but in 110000 kilometres tcu plate got bad I buy it from euro for 700 eu and paid 100 eu for coding
the weak point in all modern cars they are many sensors and 30 per cent of all faults down to electrical problems rather than old fashioned mechanical ones, it suggests the complex computerised nature of today’s engines are baffling the repairmen so my suggestion is better to scan the car your self
and save trouble of wrong diagonstics for example p 2138 shows pedal sensor error old mechanic may say pedal is bad
I have solve many german cars this problems cleaning the throotle body
if the old mechanic will change the pedal and still problem will never be solved but he will make money and owner is a looser here
narry
ps I am not a mechanic I am it person but when some one refuse to service my car ask for 1999 usd repar bill I myself solved it for 0.99 cents