Service interval help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 12:39 PM
eke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
merc c class
Post Service interval help.

Hi, currently posting from my phone so apologies in advance for anything wrong. Anyway I am curious about the service interval indicators. My car is currently showing “service B7 due in 15 days”

i know rhe the difference between “A” & “B” services but I cannot seem to find what the number indicates. Could someone advise me of what this means?

I havw searched the forums for approx 1 hour and can only find threads with regards to the letters and not the numbers.

Also so I posted a while ago about a timing chain issue, turns out my timing chain guide had snapped and the car required a full timing chain rebuild amongst many parts. I will post another thread in the coming days with more detail, pictures and technician reports. Quite scary considering this happened at 40k miles with a full MB dealer service history.

Thanks,

eke
Old 01-18-2018, 07:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1986 Porsche 911 Coupe, a 2002 CLK320 & 2013 C300
Do a B service,I went through a similar thing not long ago and then realized it was easier to just do the whole thing and not worry about it. I did the service myself so cost wasn't an issue. More importantly though look at the service guide and it will tell you what you need at what mileage (I believe that's what the numbers actually specify, the type of B service)

Go here, pop your year and model in and go by the mileage guide and do what it requires.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servi...enance_manuals