Lowering set up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C250 Coupe
Lowering set up?

I've been racking my brains out for months looking for staggered wheels to replace my stock mediocre wheels because I thought the stagger gave better performance. After doing a little digging it seems going to a square set up has nothing but benefits as it will get rid of the annoying understeer the car has towards the limit and I'll be able to rotate my tires. I've more or less settled on the wheels I want but I do want to lower the car as well and this is where I have questions.

I was thinking about going with the H&R Super Sports but I've read that changing the struts would be a good idea because the lower springs will wear out the stock struts quickly. Which struts do you have or have people mostly gone with? I was also looking at a set of coilovers (Bilsteins) for both the adjustability and the fact that I don't have to try to pair a strut and spring. However, the other side of that is the $. Going with struts and springs would be more economical, especially with replacing a full set of wheels and tires at or near the same time.

All info is appreciated.