Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c250
Fule Consumption Indicator at maximum when idle

Hi everyone, what a great forum..

Long time reader, first time poster.

So my white c250 coupe is misbehaving... the fuel consumption "bar" showing the average mpg while driving, goes up to the max 20L/100km when the car is idle, or under the 10km/h speed..between 10-20 km/h it starts moving towards the middle..and once the speed picks up above 20 km/h it goes back to normal, showing average fuel consumption related to the atual driving and mileage i get..so i know that no fuel is leaking..and my consumption last 1000km was about 7l/100km so that checks out...

as far as know the only consequence from this is that it artificially inflates my mpg if i stop often...last 1000km were on a a highway so didn't have this issue..but would like to get it fixed now that i am back in town..

any ideas what it might be?

before this i did have another seemigly unrelated , issue with the ABS ESP skid control lights coming on and cruise control being inoperative, until i stop the car and start again..it comes and goes every 500km or so so i ignored it ...
Thanks!
Old 03-24-2018, 07:54 AM

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
W123 300CD, R107 560SL, W211 E320
When idling without forward motion you are in fact getting zero miles per gallon.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:28 AM

c250
Originally Posted by rocky raccoon
When idling without forward motion you are in fact getting zero miles per gallon.
very enlightning! thank you for your contribution, in fact.

obviously this is the case, yet the fuel consumption scale is showing the max 20l/100km consumption, and the estimated range is rapidly decreasing when this occurs. This is the problem.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:45 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 W204 model 2012
I have the same problem

Originally Posted by PickWicksMerc
Hi everyone, what a great forum..

Long time reader, first time poster.

So my white c250 coupe is misbehaving... the fuel consumption "bar" showing the average mpg while driving, goes up to the max 20L/100km when the car is idle, or under the 10km/h speed..between 10-20 km/h it starts moving towards the middle..and once the speed picks up above 20 km/h it goes back to normal, showing average fuel consumption related to the atual driving and mileage i get..so i know that no fuel is leaking..and my consumption last 1000km was about 7l/100km so that checks out...

as far as know the only consequence from this is that it artificially inflates my mpg if i stop often...last 1000km were on a a highway so didn't have this issue..but would like to get it fixed now that i am back in town..
any ideas what it might be?
before this i did have another seemigly unrelated , issue with the ABS ESP skid control lights coming on and cruise control being inoperative, until i stop the car and start again..it comes and goes every 500km or so so i ignored it ...
Thanks!
Hi there. I have the same problem. When the car is stopped, it shows 20l/km , and the average comsumption is near 15 l/km , is so high. What could be the problem? Did you solve the problem in your car?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2021, 03:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C204 C350
Originally Posted by Jota 75
Hi there. I have the same problem. When the car is stopped, it shows 20l/km , and the average comsumption is near 15 l/km , is so high. What could be the problem? Did you solve the problem in your car?

Thanks
As per the previous advice, this is perfectly normal.
This gauge is only useful when the car is in motion.
If the car is not moving you would effectively require an infinite amount of fuel to move 100km, so as the gauge maximum is 20 l/100km, this is what it will show...

Old 05-30-2021, 08:47 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 W204 model 2012
Originally Posted by Black5
As per the previous advice, this is perfectly normal.
This gauge is only useful when the car is in motion.
If the car is not moving you would effectively require an infinite amount of fuel to move 100km, so as the gauge maximum is 20 l/100km, this is what it will show...
ok. thank you. but then I have another question, yesterday I was trying a W205 C250 2015 and when stop, the consuption indicator was in zero, so I´m confuse. And the avarege consuption was 7 l/100 km, mine is 15 l/100 km, something should be wrong don you think? best regrads,
Old 05-30-2021, 08:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C204 C350
Originally Posted by Jota 75
ok. thank you. but then I have another question, yesterday I was trying a W205 C250 2015 and when stop, the consuption indicator was in zero, so I´m confuse. And the avarege consuption was 7 l/100 km, mine is 15 l/100 km, something should be wrong don you think? best regrads,
When the car stopped, did the engine stop?
The BE (Blue Efficiency) engine switches off when the car is stopped, so will not use any fuel.

Fuel consumption while driving is more a function of the driver and the type of driving than the engine efficiency alone, so to know whether this was normal or not we would need to know the driving conditions in great detail.

Average consumption at steady speeds and good roads could easily be 7l/100km, and city or spirited driving could also easily exceed 15l/100km.

Neither result by itself is indicative of any problem, you would have to consider many other factors as well...