2014 C250 Coupe Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250 Coupe
2014 C250 Coupe Build Thread

This is the journey of a boy and his car.

It was a very nice package right out of the box. 2014 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Sport Package (red seat belts for +8hp). Right after I bought her I drove to the beach near my house and took one of the nicest phone pics I think I have ever taken.

First things first, a serious tune up because I got her for a steal but from the looks of her paint she was not looked after especially well. Luckily I work for a shop and have great friends to help me.

So the tune up went well and to be honest she wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. On to the next phase! Deep cut, polish, glaze/seal, polish some more and then do it again. This was the first pass and it was a night and day difference. Did the headlights for good measure too.

Paint was looking better so I turned my sights to the chrome. Never been a fan of chrome on black cars so it had to go. I also grabbed some LED side markers because the amber reflectors were massive but I didn't do the before picture because I was a bit overzealous.

**Before**

**Before**

**Before**

**After**

**After**

**After**

Here is a good shot of her after I cleaned all the fingerprints and sweat droplets off of her. The gloss black 3M vinyl is spot on perfect and my tinter threw the tint on for the rear markers. Completely different feel now. The daytime running lights are tinted as well but the chrome was actually painted by disassembling them, scuffing, and painting them a gloss black (standard rattle can paint/primer in one.)

While saving my pennies for wheels and tires I got bored and my buddy and I fab'd up an intake. BMC filter with a 2.75" coupler. Had to trim the engine cover but that is what Dremel tools are for. Done! **WHOoosh noises now included**

Then the wheels. I decided on straight black TSW Sebring 19x8.5s all around. Federal Evoluzion 235/35/19 with zero issues and I absolutely love the look and stance.

Now I have to save a little more and decide if I want more power or continue down the looks department.

So far I have no real complaints except for the lazy transmission in E and slightly over-aggressive downshifts in S but those a minor annoyances. I love this car and each mod has me falling further.

Future Mods:
  • Roof spoiler painted body color
  • Tune: Either Direct flash from my friends at OE Tuning or maybe try a piggyback first and see how that floats my boat.
  • Carbon Fiber: Front lip, side extractors, rear spats, big fin diffuser
  • Quad exhaust
Thanks for looking.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
It was a very nice package right out of the box. 2014 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Sport Package (red seat belts for +8hp).

Sure agree with "right out of the box"......................
.......................and chuckled at your +8hp increase

It's a beautiful car (and fuel efficiency has been surprisingly high for me - 36 mpg round trip CA - AZ)

ez sends
The following users liked this post:
madnessray (07-27-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
Nice ride...I have the C350 Coupe with the sport package. I also recently blacked out the same trim with 3M 1080 Gloss Black. On a black car, the blacked out trim gives it a more aggressive appearance. Right after buying the car, the first mod was the rear roof spoiler, which was painted and installed at a Mercedes certified body shop. I changed out my wheel center caps and hood emblem with the black Mercedes wreath.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
Out of curiosity, do you still have the stock wheels...the GF has tagged 3 out of the 4 wheels and I am right up the street in Las Vegas
Old 07-26-2018, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Nice! I wouldn't bother with a piggyback, go OE or Eurocharged tune.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by capt_paul
Nice ride...I have the C350 Coupe with the sport package. I also recently blacked out the same trim with 3M 1080 Gloss Black. On a black car, the blacked out trim gives it a more aggressive appearance. Right after buying the car, the first mod was the rear roof spoiler, which was painted and installed at a Mercedes certified body shop. I changed out my wheel center caps and hood emblem with the black Mercedes wreath.
Thank you and I have been thinking about swapping the crest to a black or maybe one with a hint of red (gotta match those seat belts!!).

Originally Posted by capt_paul
Out of curiosity, do you still have the stock wheels...the GF has tagged 3 out of the 4 wheels and I am right up the street in Las Vegas
I do have the stock wheels and they are actually listed in the Marketplace right now! They have almost brand new tires and TPMS. There is one that is pretty scrapped but the other three are pretty solid. Pictures of all the rims and tires in the post. Make me an offer cuz they are just sitting here.

Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
Nice! I wouldn't bother with a piggyback, go OE or Eurocharged tune.
Thanks and that's pretty much what I was thinking. OE has been a great partner with the shop I am at so I think I will go with them. And they are local to me so that's awesome!

Last edited by madnessray; 07-27-2018 at 03:08 PM. Reason: i no spel gud