2012 c250 coupe timing chain replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250
2012 c250 coupe timing chain replacement

Hello All,
I'm new to this site and would like some help!
I have a 2012 Mercedes Benz c250 coupe which I love to death. I am currently trying to replace my timing chain and cam adjusters and I am in need of some assistance if anyone has done the job themselves. I'm trying to save money since taking it to the dealership would set me back $5,600 and I dont have that type of money. Here is what I need help with.

The car is clearly out of time since the markings on the lower pulley were on the bottom of the pulley out of site and the cam adjuster weren't in line when the car is at rest. How do I adjust it the proper way?
Old 01-07-2019, 10:45 PM

C230
Timing c250

Originally Posted by Gooli21
Hello All,
I'm new to this site and would like some help!
I have a 2012 Mercedes Benz c250 coupe which I love to death. I am currently trying to replace my timing chain and cam adjusters and I am in need of some assistance if anyone has done the job themselves. I'm trying to save money since taking it to the dealership would set me back $5,600 and I dont have that type of money. Here is what I need help with.

The car is clearly out of time since the markings on the lower pulley were on the bottom of the pulley out of site and the cam adjuster weren't in line when the car is at rest. How do I adjust it the proper way?

You have a crankshaft location for setup ( my c230 is v6 at 40 degree) then cams should line up across head evenly or a specific mark .
.U Tube videos will help .
Old 01-10-2019, 02:06 AM

C250
Originally Posted by Dceramic
You have a crankshaft location for setup ( my c230 is v6 at 40 degree) then cams should line up across head evenly or a specific mark .
.U Tube videos will help .
I see the markings at the top where the dual cams are and the markings on the lower pulley however I remove the chain tensioner and chain before I put the engine at " top dead center " position. Will aligning everything individually after I take the chain of affect anything?
Old 01-10-2019, 12:13 PM

C230
Start by :: Check out U-Tube video for your type of engine for a timing chain replacement.... Most info can be related to your type of V6 ( I assume its a v6). "Watch them" and get your engines details to insert them to make your changes.
From the above you S/B able to see if it will work for you..... something to consider would be whether or not your "engine is an interference type motor" = ( the valves will interfere with pistons and bend if the timing chain breaks)
I don't know your complete story , so it is diff to say where to start .... Mine was a check engine code P00xx for the counter balance shaft early sprocket wear out .
Hope this will help a little.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 Mercedes C250 1.8L turbo
Did you get this job done? I'm looking to do the job myself and any tips/thoughts would be much appreciated. What brand of timing chain/kit parts did you use?

Richard