Mercedes W204 C 180 Coupe gearbox oil l

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 06:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz GLS 63 AMG and Mercedes GL 63 AMG
Mercedes W204 C 180 Coupe gearbox oil l

Hello everybody,
yesterday I was driving my c 180 on the highway at moderate speeds, when all of the sudden my passenger said she saw smoke in the vehicle interior. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw smoke bellowing out of the rear of the car. I immediately pulled over and instructed my passenger to exit the car. I looked underneath the car and saw that the gearbox was leaking oil onto the exhaust. Fortunately the car did not catch fire. I moved the car about 100m down the shoulder of the highway to a safer spot and then turned it off. I walked back to where I initially pulled over and saw a small puddle of oil. When I looked under the car there was a lot of oil gathering at the bottom of the gearbox but it seemed to be coming from the top of the gearbox. The car displayed no warning lights or errors and the engine was running perfectly and the car drove smoothly. I don’t think that I hit anything as I didn’t hear anything and I didn’t see any damage on the car. The car was towed to Mercedes Benz and I will call them on Monday. The car has just reached 100k km (100 512km) and I thankfully extended the motor plan to 140 000km. I have only had the car for two months so I’m not sure if this has happened before. Does anyone know if the car has a gearbox oil cooler (7-tronic) and if they or their lines are prone to leaking.

many thanks,
Dylan.