Takata Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2019 | 11:10 AM

2011 C300 Sport
Takata Recall

Curious to know if anyone else has had this issue after taking vehicle in for the Takata recall.

2011 C300 Sport
I recently set up an appointment (Friday 1:30 pm) to have my airbags replaced. Arrived at 12:30 pm, vehicle was promised at 5 pm, was ready at 6 pm. When I drove off I realized the volume/mute/phone buttons on the steering wheel were non-responsive. Also, the radio shut off while on the freeway (as when the car is off and radio is on for too long turning off automatically to save battery) and when I got home, the radio wouldn't shut off once I turned the vehicle off and opened the door. I had to manually turn it off. One last thing: the lights on the dial pad and radio controls are no longer working. The service department was closed so I sent an email describing the issues to my service adviser, she responded the next morning, no apology, just a simple: Bring it in Monday morning if that works for you. I won't be able to take it in until Friday. I hope the dealership (Mercedes-Benz of West Covina) will fix the issues.