Reverse Camera Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 10:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz C350 4Matic
Reverse Camera Help

Hi guys,

I am recently installing a reverse back up camera on my W204 2010 C350 4Matic. And the kit I bought online said is an improved version with a relay, see attached. Couldn't find much more info online so hopefully if anyone here can help.
The kit is so confusing and the only way for me to set up the wiring is to have the black and white 'ACC power' and blue 'Backup Sign Scan' (whever that is) to be placed at the front, which in my case, I ran the wires to the passenger side. Then the 'blue reserve wire +' and video/power of camera connection at the back. Is this right? See my attached pics.

So my plan is to tap the 'blue reserve wire +' into the silver/yellow wire of the harness at the back of the rear fuse box. Then tap the front ACC power + and - to the passenger 12V wires in the glove box. And of course the yellow video cable goes into the head unit. But what about the other end of that blue wire - 'Backup Sign Scan'?

Can anyone let me know if this should be wired this way and how to deal with the other end of the blue wire?

Thanks,

This is the 'Backup Wire Power +'...

This is the passenger front, the relay, with 'Backup Sign Scan', ACC power, and video cable

This is the kit I bought.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz C350 4Matic
Never mind I have figured out.

Only used the one end with blue wire, tapped into reverse lamp. The other end of blue line is at front - so called 'Backup Sign Scan', but no attached to anything, I just left as it is.
Other lines are wires as planned, and it worked perfectly.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2012 E300 W212
Originally Posted by GoSuckMyTites
Never mind I have figured out.

Only used the one end with blue wire, tapped into reverse lamp. The other end of blue line is at front - so called 'Backup Sign Scan', but no attached to anything, I just left as it is.
Other lines are wires as planned, and it worked perfectly.
Hi, I got this same setup and I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I connect the blue capable in the trunk to the reverse lamp and plugged frakka cable to the head unit. My challenge now is where to tap power for the red and black wires.