C0034 Code not allowing car to start?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
C0034 Code not allowing car to start?

A few months back, the ABS, ESP etc. lights and warning came on saying it was disabled. I checked the fuses, and everything was fine. The battery is three years old, but still holds enough amperage. The OBD code I got was the generic C0034 Front right wheel speed sensor. I searched the threads, and saw that the code could be faulty and mean something else was out or going out. I changed the speed sensor anyway, and the code went away....for a few weeks. And then intermittently came back on while driving, but once the car was turned off, and turned on again, everything worked fine, and the warning lights did not come on. The car never went into limp mode, even with the lights on. The other day, while driving, the warning lights came on after not being on for several weeks. I stopped to get gas, and like times before, I assumed the car would start and the lights would disappear. Well, that wasn't the case. The car didn't even turn over. Tried to jump, still nothing. Battery readings say it's fine, and all lights and navigation come on, on the dashboard. It recognizes the key fob (I have Keyless Go), but will not start. Not even a click (thinking starter maybe?). Checked all fuses involved, and all are fine. My question is, could the C0034 code be preventing the car from starting? My OBD reader is pretty basic, and only clears pending and stored codes, but the C0034 code shows up as "permanent" on my reader, which I cannot clear. It's a 2012 C250, with a little over 127,000 miles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If more info is needed, just ask.

Thanks in advance,

CAH.