Heat does not work when below -1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250
Heat does not work when below -1

Hello guys, I have a 2012 C250 coupe and for some reason whenever the temperature outside gets below zero into the negatives the temperature of the car takes way longer to rise and the after 20 mins of driving and it hits the half way point the second I turn on the heat it the temperature quickly drops down and not heat is coming out only the fan is basically on. Does anyone know what the issue could be, from what I heard it might be the thermostat
Old 12-03-2019, 03:41 PM

2010 Mercedes Benz C250 SPORT 4matic
Originally Posted by Kyrollos
Hello guys, I have a 2012 C250 coupe and for some reason whenever the temperature outside gets below zero into the negatives the temperature of the car takes way longer to rise and the after 20 mins of driving and it hits the half way point the second I turn on the heat it the temperature quickly drops down and not heat is coming out only the fan is basically on. Does anyone know what the issue could be, from what I heard it might be the thermostat
Check your Coolant level
Old 12-04-2019, 11:10 AM

2012 C250
Originally Posted by Abe10452
Check your Coolant level
so I checked the the coolant is topped up and you can’t see any white so it wouldn’t be a coolant issue. But last winter I had no heat with the car only rarely, but the coolant sign did come on a few times but the coolant is at the line so what would be the reason I don’t get heat or why the car takes forever to heat up whenever the temperature is below Zero