BBK on a C204 C250 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250 (C204)
BBK on a C204 C250 Coupe

Hi All

I have just finished fitting a BBK to a C204 C250 Coupe using the DCTMS adaptor bracket.

The front brakes are W/C204 C63 6 piston callipers (Brembo) with 360mm drilled discs, the rear are W/C204 C63 4 piston callipers with 330mm slotted & drilled discs.

It all went together without any problems, the only modification was to trim few cm for the rear of the front backing plated to allow the DCTMS bracket to fit.

All original C250 bolts and brake hoses fitted and the C63 brake wear indicators plugged straight in.

How do they perform? The braking is lighter but brakes quicker and very linear. There is no sudden bite as the brakes come on, the harder you push, the more braking you get. Without taking quantative measurements, seat of the pants says it brakes in about 1/2 the distance at any given speed if you want to stop in a hurry!

While the brakes were off I also fitted Eibach springs to the front and rear. They are still settling but I think the car will sit about 15mm lower than standard.

For those that are interested these are the mods done:
BBK front & rear
Eibach lower springs front & rear
Racechip GTS chip
GFB turbo diverter valve
Magnaflow 3 chamber muffler with straight through 2'' pipes
Mamba turbo muffler delete
AMG GT grill
AMG 18x8.5 & 18x9 wheels
Old 02-05-2020, 08:01 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
Our C250 coupe - my wife's - is a lot better looking than the other Teutonic in the garage. She lets me drive it every now and then. A few years ago I did drive it to Monterey for her birthday. I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed this little coupe - especially the fuel economy.

The real plus is how good looking it is from every angle...........

I find the braking system entirely adequate - not to diss your impressive upgrades. My Corvette and Porsche days lie far astern (I was in the Navy then).

Cheers,

ez

Last edited by ezshift5; 02-05-2020 at 08:09 AM.