Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Coupe
Lightbulb Hood Replacement Options?

Hello fellow W204 owners.
I need your help repairing my car.

Recently my hood was badly damaged (C250 coupe 204.347) and I have been considering replacing it with a custom part.
I found Carbon Creations has some beautiful C63 and Black Series look hoods, and they seem great.
Problem with those is I read somewhere a disclaimer that said "intended for off-road or show use only".

I love the appearance but am worried it might be the same junk quality as Duraflex (correct me if I'm wrong).
Also I don't know if it would be expensive to get a carbon hood painted. I heard it has to be sanded and other things.
Does anyone have experience with these brands?

The reason I even thought of buying a custom hood is because I have already ordered the only non-damaged used hood I could find on eBay and the seller somehow damaged it before they could ship.
I also tried ordering a stock painted hood from chicagoautobodyparts (for a total of only 900 USD) and a week after taking my money they say its out of stock, despite saying "in stock" on their website.
They e-mailed me saying it's on national back-order and to try again in 2-3 weeks.

TL;DR: Point me towards stock or high quality custom hood options. If they can paint it too would be great.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 Coupe AMG
That hood looks awesome. The subtle lines and vents . . . I'm drooling.
The old saying - you get what you pay for . . . the carbon fibre hood looks the business, and the fibreglass model is really a bad copy.
Painting will be the issue. The cost of the hood, shipping then painting will be high. if you can afford it - great. If not . . . second-hand from a wreckers might be the answer.
Buy that carbon fibre hood, it is unreal!