New to the C204 Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2021 | 07:38 PM

In the Market
New to the C204 Forum

Hola,

I've been a member for a while now, but am (sort of) new to the world of the C204.

I was recently forced to part ways with my SLK55 and, not really having anything in mind with which to replace it, decided to acquire a new SUV for my wife, which means using her C250 as my new daily driver.

While there's always that inclination to start looking at improvements, I'm not planning to do too much to the car, just maybe tinting the windows ... and the tail and corner lights while I'm at it ... and blacking out some chrome trim ... and maybe a Dinan tune ... and I never was fond of those wheels ...

Last edited by Gylles Smyth; 06-19-2021 at 12:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MBpippo (06-19-2021)
Old 06-19-2021 | 09:40 AM

Mercedes C250 Coupe
GREETING FROM CIRCA 775 MILES SOUTH OF YOU.

MY NEW WIFE ALSO DRIVES A C250...............

I TRADED A 6M ACCORD V6 FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL LITTLE COUPE AFTER A FALL ON MY BIKE (SHIFTING SIX GEARS HURT TOO MUCH!)

BEEN ALMOST SEVEN YEARS NOW. ONLY ONE ISSUE TO DATE.

EXPENSIVE. AT 39,000 MILES (WITH AN EXTENDED WARRANTY) I DON'T REALLY WORRY TOO MUCH.

I HAVEN'T CHANGED A THING. I THINK THE DESIGNERS SET THE BAR FOR STRIKING GOOD LOOKS - INSIDE AND OUT.

THIS SITE CAN BE ACTUALLY QUITE HELPFUL EVERY NOW AND THEN.

ALL THE BEST,

EZ

Old 06-21-2021 | 09:08 AM

2013 Mercedes C250 sport coupe
Welcome. I've had the same car in black for around 7 years now. There isn't a ton of aftermarket support for the car. I have tint, blacked out the chrome trim. new side markers, new mirror lights, new grille, etc. All cosmetic things. Always toyed with the idea of the Dinan tune but have not done it yet.
Old 06-21-2021 | 02:50 PM

In the Market
Thanks for the responses!

And yep, I wasn't surprised by the absence of aftermarket support for the car since it's really not high up on the list of cars one would buy if they were expecting to make changes. With the available Sport-Plus suspension, brakes, and exhaust from the factory, any changes there would be expensive and yield little (if any) improvement, so there's really no reason to produce aftermarket products. Kind of reminds me of the RX8 I had years ago; there just wasn't much to improve upon without a ridiculous budget, in which case you'd probably chose a different car in the first place.

Consequently, my focus is more on cosmetic changes, most of which I'll do myself, to make it look a little more unique. The Dinan tune just looks like a quick (five minute install) and inexpensive ($199) way to pick up 25 to 30 lb/ft of torque from 2000 to 5000 rpm, so I can see it being worth doing. Wheels will be the big question; I'm not a fan of the stock AMG seven-spoke wheels, but I'm not sure if I want to put that much into it.