ABS sensor issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2021 | 03:09 PM

C350
ABS sensor issue

Hi guys. I’ve just bought a C350 AMG Sport (petrol). The day I bought it a few lights came up on the dash, after having it plugged in I found it was the front, left axel ABS/RPM sensor. I had it replaced today and on the journey home everything worked fine (cruise control/speed limiter etc). The car was then parked for just over an hour before I made another journey, and as soon as I set off the fault came straight back up. Does anyone know what could be causing the issue? Im not sure if the garage used an oem sensor or aftermarket (maybe that could be the issue, I’ll find out which he used when the garage opens in the morning).

thanks
Old 07-22-2021 | 03:30 AM

Mercedes Benz C204 1.8L C250
Speed Sensor

The 204 seems to have issues with blowing wheel speed sensors, try cleaning the new sensor and unplugging and plugging back in.

if it’s still broken you’ll need a starscan to check it, have the garage you took it to fit a new one and if it blows it’ll be an electrical issue so you’ll have to work a deal with them.

it might be that it’s fine after this but if you hit a hard bump you’ll blow it. Been through quite a few speed sensors on my offside front.