Weird engine noises just started…

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mercedes Benz C350 4matic Coupe
Weird engine noises just started…

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I hate joining a community and asking for help right off the bat, but I wouldn’t be asking unless I was desperate for it so please bear with me.

At the end of August, I purchased a 2015 C350 4matic Coupe in prime condition with 60k miles from a local dealership for $24.5k. I absolutely love the car, and while slightly over KBB at the time I pulled the trigger anyway considering they’re very rare around here.

Long story short, the warranty was ridiculously expensive and nobody in their right mind could afford it. Even the financial manager (who I know personally) said it was a crazy amount and he doesn’t recommend getting it, which is a rarity to say to someone buying a used car. I had a 60 day warranty from the dealership in which during that timeframe I had the valve body replaced on the transmission because there was a code for it.

Now here we are. The first time I noticed this issue, or issues, was the first week of November. Aside from the noises, I noticed the car feeling weaker & there was some hesitation when accelerating in third gear. Basically, when accelerating, the RPMs would hang up around 2500 or so, stay still for a second, drop maybe 300-500 RPM slowly (as if power was depleting) and then go back to normal acceleration.

Now for the noises – they sound bad. The car is totally out of warranty, so any issues are coming straight out of my pocket. I budgeted for gas, insurance, car payment, maintenance, and occasional repairs, but I did not budget for massive repairs right after buying the car, so I’m panicking. I’m 22 and just make ends meet with minimal money to spare at the end of the month so saving anything extra for huge repairs is out of the question.

The noises:

I would like to take it to a mechanic, but German mechanics are very uncommon in the small rural area I’m from. Dealerships will send me to the poor house, so I’m trying to find advice online before I take it somewhere and get bent over backwards. I have some mechanical knowledge, but I’ve always been more of an old Jeep guy where if something was off I could fix it. This is like working on a spaceship in comparison, so I don’t even know where to begin.

Any help is so beyond appreciated. Thank you for whoever took the time to read all that.