2012 C250 Oil and Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250
2012 C250 Oil and Coolant Leak

Hey guys, first time posting here. I bought this 2012 C250 used back in 2020 and never had any issues until I took it to the dealership to get its routine transmission fluid replacement a couple months ago. I'm a little skeptical because afterwards I started getting low coolant notifications but just assumed it was time to refill it and I would get it's oil replaced every 2000 miles at a local mechanic prior to taking it to the dealership.

I recently took it to my mechanic however and they told me they can't do an oil change due to the mass amounts of leaked oil and coolant leaking in the engine, they recommended I take it to the dealership but I really don't want to fork over another $1000+ dollars just to be told it needs even more costly work done. I was hoping somebody had similar issues with their 2012 C250, 4cyl turbo? I noticed the leaking seems to be the passenger side of my engine. Any help or pointers is greatly appreciated. I'm pretty handy when it comes to this stuff but don't want to just dive in blindly.

Passenger side of engine.

Zoomed in section where leaking coolant is pooling.

Tough to see but photo of bottom of engine bay where dried oil is building up.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:14 PM

Mercedes C250 Coupe Sports
I have had the same issue and just posted a thread, please let me know what your findings are! Or if you solved it yourself.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:04 AM

E250
Originally Posted by shahwayf
Hey guys, first time posting here. I bought this 2012 C250 used back in 2020 and never had any issues until I took it to the dealership to get its routine transmission fluid replacement a couple months ago. I'm a little skeptical because afterwards I started getting low coolant notifications but just assumed it was time to refill it and I would get it's oil replaced every 2000 miles at a local mechanic prior to taking it to the dealership.

I recently took it to my mechanic however and they told me they can't do an oil change due to the mass amounts of leaked oil and coolant leaking in the engine, they recommended I take it to the dealership but I really don't want to fork over another $1000+ dollars just to be told it needs even more costly work done. I was hoping somebody had similar issues with their 2012 C250, 4cyl turbo? I noticed the leaking seems to be the passenger side of my engine. Any help or pointers is greatly appreciated. I'm pretty handy when it comes to this stuff but don't want to just dive in blindly.

Passenger side of engine.

Zoomed in section where leaking coolant is pooling.

Tough to see but photo of bottom of engine bay where dried oil is building up.
Have u tried rectifying the repetitive issue by having aftermarket oil cooler adaptor/piping/heat exchanger?
Old 12-02-2023, 10:08 AM

E250
Originally Posted by LouisVDrew
I have had the same issue and just posted a thread, please let me know what your findings are! Or if you solved it yourself.
Is yours resolved?
Old 03-06-2024, 04:37 PM

C250 Coupe W204
Coolant Leak

Hi
i have a c250 2012 and coolant warning kept coming on. I topped it up but warning came back. Thought it might be head gasket but mechanic pressure and blue die tested it, all clear. Changed the cap on coolant tank. Few more hundred miles, maybe few thousand, warning came back. Mechanic changed water pump. Few thousand miles, coolant warning again. Mechanic changed the radiator. Driving down the motorway, suddenly loads of steam and coolant warning. Pulled in ASAP. Got car towed to new mechanic, he replaced a ring clip that connects hose to radiator. That was December. No further problems with coolant warnings for me
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_5710.MOV (7.46 MB, 67 views)
File Type: mov
IMG_5709.MOV (8.53 MB, 30 views)