Power steering fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 180 CGI Coupe
Power steering fluid

Hello everyone! This is my first post.
Recently I bought W204 Coupe (2011). I come from the Audi world and many things are not clear to me in MB. That's why i created account here
So, to the point. After I bought a car I wanted to change some fluids, because I don't know when they were changed.
Today I was at service and changed power steering fluid. They gave me report, which says they filled fluid type 343.0.
I googled a little and almost everywhere i found that suitable fluid type for my car is 345.0.
I couldn't find exactly what the difference between them, and whether it’s allowed to use 343.0.
Also note that the service is the official supplier of original parts in my country, so I'm inclined to trust them. But anyway I'm a little worried.
If anyone has more information about correct fluid type for W204, I would be grateful if you share.
Thanks!
Old 04-06-2024, 06:22 AM

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
2013 w204 c250 coupe & 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins
Originally Posted by alex_lv
Hello everyone! This is my first post.
Recently I bought W204 Coupe (2011). I come from the Audi world and many things are not clear to me in MB. That's why i created account here
So, to the point. After I bought a car I wanted to change some fluids, because I don't know when they were changed.
Today I was at service and changed power steering fluid. They gave me report, which says they filled fluid type 343.0.
I googled a little and almost everywhere i found that suitable fluid type for my car is 345.0.
I couldn't find exactly what the difference between them, and whether it’s allowed to use 343.0.
Also note that the service is the official supplier of original parts in my country, so I'm inclined to trust them. But anyway I'm a little worried.
If anyone has more information about correct fluid type for W204, I would be grateful if you share.
Thanks!
hey man,

congrats on the new car! And welcome !

Ive found online that we can use CHF 11s. For power steering fluid.

I bought it at O’Reillys (because I didn’t want to wait for shipping) and you have to go to the counter and ask for it. They don’t leave it out on the shelves because it’s pricey.

ALSO, you should get the MB friction modifier if you are going to do a full flush. You can buy some one line off eBay or FCP euro.

It’s a little bottle with Lubrizol in it. I asked the MB parts guy and all he said it was, was tranny fluid.

Mercedes Power Steering Fluid Additive - Genuine Mercedes 001989610364

hope this helps,
ant

Last edited by antboii; 04-06-2024 at 06:34 AM.