No Oil Transmission Flush Done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 Coupe (4matic)
No Oil Transmission Flush Done

I recently bought a used 2013 Mercedes C 350 Coupe (4matic), I'm the second owner and I love the car. I asked the dealership which used to do maintenance on the car if they had done a transmission fluid change before. They said they never did and advised me not to, he said the fluid has small metal pieces in it now and if I flush the fluid they will go away and will result in a bigger issue maybe.

The car has 163,000km on it and I'm not sure what to do.

Old 04-26-2024, 07:44 AM

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
2013 w204 c250 coupe & 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins
Originally Posted by Merc-C350
I recently bought a used 2013 Mercedes C 350 Coupe (4matic), I'm the second owner and I love the car. I asked the dealership which used to do maintenance on the car if they had done a transmission fluid change before. They said they never did and advised me not to, he said the fluid has small metal pieces in it now and if I flush the fluid they will go away and will result in a bigger issue maybe.

The car has 163,000km on it and I'm not sure what to do.
Hey @Merc-C350 ,

Transmission services for our transmissions are recommended around the 70,000 mile range. Based on the mileage conversion you're about 31k miles over due.

However, the dealership you took it too is right because I have heard that before. But, that's with REALLY high mileage vehicles. You have just over 100k. Your car is just starting its second life haha.

It is ultimately up to you as it's your car if you want the flush done or not.

Do you have any issues with the transmission? Any hard shifting or slipping?

If not, I would suggest you take it to another MB dealer or bring it back and have them carry out the service. How do they know what's in the fluid if it's a sealed system?

I flushed mine at 90k when I got my used c250 last year. No issues since the flush. My pan rotted through so I had no choice but I was going to do it anyway.

If you have no other MB dealers around, go back in there and tell them you want the service done. It's your car.

They actually do a lot for the transmission service. Full flush, new pan, new gasket, filter, and fluid, all new transmission bolts.

Best of luck,
Ant