Dealership overfilled oil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 06:07 AM
DN3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C250 Coupe
Dealership overfilled oil

I've been driving my 2013 C250 Coupe for over a year and didn't know that the dealership had overfilled the oil, see attached pictures. The vehicle is not on motor plan and I decided to have the vehicle serviced on my own, not with the dealership. It's 115 days overdue on the service but I don't want to do anything just yet, as, if the engine is damaged due to the dealership mistake, I don't want them to pass the blame, which is what they trying to do. The car didn't alert that the oil is overfilled and I never noticed any smoke from the exhaust. There are spills on the engine, which looks like it leaking at the seals. Its very sluggish when driving, especially going uphill or wanting to pick up speed quickly - it goes on a high rev with no pick up in speed. Also while driving and pressing the accelerator, even gently, the engine sounds loud. I've always driven the car gently. Please advise if I would need to have the engine parts fixed, if any or what should be done in this case.
Thank you

Old 06-10-2024, 07:40 AM

Received 347 Likes on 239 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
If the light did not go on and it been a year, I would not worry about it. That minor difference doesn’t matter. I purchased a used car and both the oil in the engine and tranny were overfilled, I removed, corrected and never looked back. In my case the oil was about an inch higher on the stick and still did not give me a light….now after the oil change I get to see if something else is diluting the oil.

My worry is that if the oil was filled to the line at service, is there anything else in the oil diluting it, like water or gas.

The best thing you can do is have a shop change your oil and provide you with a sample for a blackstone report. That report will educate you as to the condition of the engine.

you don’t mention how many miles you have on the oil, but many times cars with old oil do feel a little bit sluggish. Oil, however, would have nothing to do with any transmission or other drivetrain related sluggishness.

Last edited by Baltistyle; 06-10-2024 at 07:44 AM.