Windshield issues (chips)? Suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 12:37 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C300 4MATIC Coupe C205

I have read on the internet that Mercedes windshields have been known to be soft and prone to chips.

My 17 C300 coupe is almost 4 months old and just under 1800 miles and I already have 5-6 chips throughout my windshield. I do travel highways a lot and do get stuck behind big trucks often. But I am concerned I am getting too many chips too soon? This is my 4th Mercedes and never had these many chips so soon.

Any suggestions of what to do ??

Thnaks!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C300

I'm having a similar experience in my C300 Sport. I purchased it new three weeks ago and drive the I10 daily. In the last two weeks, I've received two rock chips. The first time it happened, a truck exited the freeway and crossed median of the exit ramp kicking up a lot of road debris so I didn't think much of it. However, a car traveling at minimum three seconds ahead of me threw a small rock that chipped my windshield. I've been driving the same route for the past 5 years and have never experienced this issue in my old car. I was hesitant to jump to the conclusion that it is the windshield but based on your experience it seems like it could be.

Originally Posted by CQ C205
I have read on the internet that Mercedes windshields have been known to be soft and prone to chips.

My 17 C300 coupe is almost 4 months old and just under 1800 miles and I already have 5-6 chips throughout my windshield. I do travel highways a lot and do get stuck behind big trucks often. But I am concerned I am getting too many chips too soon? This is my 4th Mercedes and never had these many chips so soon.

Any suggestions of what to do ??

Thnaks!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 with AMG bits n peices
repairs

Just get them repaired the repairs now are un detecable if done by a pro and cost pennies like 25 ukp