A little nit-picking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
A little nit-picking

Although I do like the car very much, there are some MB lapses that have surprised me, especially for a lux car. For example:
No entry/exit handles above the door
No media loudness indicator
Driver's seat doesn't automatically go into position when entering the car
On entering a locked car using just the door handle, can't open the
passenger door; must use the driver side door's door unlock button
Car doesn't automatically lock after exiting, have to use door handle or fob
Old 03-08-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
Originally Posted by flycaster
-Driver's seat doesn't automatically go into position when entering the car
-On entering a locked car using just the door handle, can't open the
passenger door; must use the driver side door's door unlock button
-Car doesn't automatically lock after exiting, have to use door handle or fob
Per your response to my response, I think they did it for safety reasons.

The door locks are done that way for safety reasons but if you read your manual, you'll find that you can change the default setting to do what you want.
Check out page 76 of the C300 Coupe manual on how to "Change the settings of the locking system".

The auto lock after exiting though probably can't be done, in the case that you accidently lock your keys in the car? (maybe)? Or if you jump out of the car and there's a dog or passenger still inside? Who knows... The car will automatically relock, however, if you unlock it but never open the door.

As far as gripes I have:
1) Having to hold the seat number until the seat is moved all the way into position. I think you should press it once and let it do its thing.
2) The sun visor doesn't have any sort of extension or sliding capability so when you move it to cover the side window (which is HUGE on a coupe), you can't get it cover you if the sun is slightly behind you.
Needs one of these:

3) The stereo's "soundstage" needs to be moved toward the passenger area (and not on the dash).
4) I'm sure there's others, but it's my wife's car, so I don't get to drive it that often...
Old 03-08-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe
Originally Posted by Hapa88
2) The sun visor doesn't have any sort of extension or sliding capability so when you move it to cover the side window (which is HUGE on a coupe), you can't get it cover you if the sun is slightly behind you.
I came from a GLK to this car and was shocked when I tried to pull my sun visor... I can't believe they didn't include this feature on this car :/
Old 03-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Originally Posted by Hapa88
Per your response to my response, I think they did it for safety reasons.

The door locks are done that way for safety reasons but if you read your manual, you'll find that you can change the default setting to do what you want.
Check out page 76 of the C300 Coupe manual on how to "Change the settings of the locking system".

Checked out the manual pages as you suggested, however I still don't believe that I can do the following using the driver side handle: Have the choice of either unlocking just the driver's door or unlocking both doors, with both options available at the same time. It seems to me that the settings only allow for either just unlocking the driver's or unlocking both doors at the same time, but you can't do both with the driver's handle. I hope I am wrong.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:54 PM

2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
Originally Posted by flycaster
Checked out the manual pages as you suggested, however I still don't believe that I can do the following using the driver side handle: Have the choice of either unlocking just the driver's door or unlocking both doors, with both options available at the same time. It seems to me that the settings only allow for either just unlocking the driver's or unlocking both doors at the same time, but you can't do both with the driver's handle. I hope I am wrong.
You are correct. All those pages describe are how to change the default action when you put your hand in the handle. By default it only unlocks the driver door. You can change that action with the process I directed you to which allows it to open both doors.

Speaking of which, I believe by default if you go over to the Passenger door, it will unlock both doors. Additionally you have the option to choose how many doors are unlocked with your key fob by pressing the unlock button once (drivers door) or twice quickly (driver & passenger). I'm not sure how you'd implement that key logic on the door handle though..
Old 03-08-2017, 05:05 PM

2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
Originally Posted by Jesse Jericho
I came from a GLK to this car and was shocked when I tried to pull my sun visor... I can't believe they didn't include this feature on this car :/
That's kind of crazy. I wonder if a GLK visor can be retrofitted or even just straight swapped into the C300... I'll have to look into it.