C300 Cabriolet post 2 Week Video Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
C300 Cabriolet post 2 Week Video Review

I have been driving with the top down most of the time even on the cloudy days to and from work. I wasn't sure if I would be too self conscious to drive topless because I am not an attention seeker by nature.

If you find that the day to day commute has become one of the pains of daily life in a big city, cabriolets restore the fun in driving you felt when you first got your license back in the day. (IMO)

Old 05-29-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 C43 Cabriolet
Leslielp,
Thanks again for an excellent video review, i'm glad you are happy with the cabrio.
Having decided on colours ( blue /cranberry ), I just have to deal with the performance exhaust /18 inch all season tire dilemma that is present in the Canadian build.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by splunge
Leslielp,
Thanks again for an excellent video review, i'm glad you are happy with the cabrio.
Having decided on colours ( blue /cranberry ), I just have to deal with the performance exhaust /18 inch all season tire dilemma that is present in the Canadian build.
Should look great, Cranberry Red is a nice interior and shows well in the sunlight. You should know that all the Cabriolet's leather seating get some sort of heat reflecting thingy. It actually works, the seats in direct sunlight are never hot to the touch.

The difference between the Canadian version vs the USA is getting a bit tiresome.
We don't get the MBrace which is basically a Mercedes WiFi service that would allow seamless connectivity with the MB Apps, Internet browsing and that SOS button that connects you to MB Road Service. Then there is the whole slew of Smart Phone Apps that allow you to remote start, remote window control and GPS car location.

You can get the Multi Spoke 19" Tire and Rims for $500. I do think they look better with the AMG package.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:14 PM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 C43 Cabriolet
My problem is I want the performance exhaust with the regular 18inch all seasons and not the 19 inchers that it has to be paired with . Maybe I can do a switcheroo with help from salesman ? Do you have 18 inch with ali - seasons and if so how is the ride ?
Old 05-30-2017, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by splunge
My problem is I want the performance exhaust with the regular 18inch all seasons and not the 19 inchers that it has to be paired with . Maybe I can do a switcheroo with help from salesman ? Do you have 18 inch with ali - seasons and if so how is the ride ?
I was told that the 19" with multi spoke rims are Summer performance tires so they would be stickier on the hot asphalt but not so good in cooler temps. The ride would probably be a bit harsher and noisier than the 18". You should be able to do a trade for the smaller tires, my guess is that you should get some credit

The 18" all season ride fine. The car is lower and I don't have the Active Suspension so there are times I notice the bumps and road imperfections. These are identical to what I had in the W205 Sedan so I can honestly say that their is a tiny bit more road noise from this setup over the Sedan. The trade off is that you do feel a lot more connected to the road than I ever did in the sedan. (BTW the W205 sedan was the best ride/handling prior to the Cabriolet)