Get your coupe lowered. Just do it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 06:30 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe - Polar White/Saddle Brown MBTex
Get your coupe lowered. Just do it.

After I got over my honeymoon period with my C300 coupe, I started realizing it sat awkwardly higher than most other coupes. Especially compared to competition like the Q60, the C300 seems to sit way too high for a supposed luxury coupe.

I wanted something sportier so I pulled the trigger on a set of Eibach ProKit springs from TireRack. This is the link:

https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...p=&cat=Springs

I know it says these springs are for the '17 C300 sedan but they also work for the coupe (verified with Eibach and I'm using them right now on my car).

1.4 inches later and I have a proper coupe that I'm finally fully happy with in terms of looks.

Before: The fender gaps were just huge and ruined the sporty lines of the car.

After:

I'm still on my stock 18" rims and the ride hasn't seemed to firmed up much even with the lowering springs. Springs ran me about $260 + $350 for installation. Well worth the cost. My car came with the Luxury suspension (I don't have the sport/AMG package), so lowering the car has made a huge improvement for me.

Last edited by RUNSGR8; 06-02-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
N/A
Looking good, we had the Eibach Pro kit on our Z4 35i and it was very compliant, unfortunately at the moment Eibach don't have an option for the C43 coupe, but they are working on one for release in around 3 months time.

Have you consider spacers, as like the C43 the C300 has the rears tucked in as standard?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tuono
Looking good, we had the Eibach Pro kit on our Z4 35i and it was very compliant, unfortunately at the moment Eibach don't have an option for the C43 coupe, but they are working on one for release in around 3 months time.

Have you consider spacers, as like the C43 the C300 has the rears tucked in as standard?
Yeah absolutely considering adding spacers down the line. My plan is to wait until my OEM runflats wear out (which, on these cars, I've heard happens within 20-30k miles?). I'll get new rims, new tires and throw in the spacers at that time.

Here's an additional picture from the side that shows the lowered stance much better:

Old 06-02-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by RUNSGR8
Yeah absolutely considering adding spacers down the line. My plan is to wait until my OEM runflats wear out (which, on these cars, I've heard happens within 20-30k miles?). I'll get new rims, new tires and throw in the spacers at that time.

Here's an additional picture from the side that shows the lowered stance much better:

I like the wheels on your coupe, we had a similar designed wheel on our old CLS.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:56 PM

Thanks, yeah these are the base wheels I believe. 18" so that helps even the ride out even with lowering springs.

The MY18 coupes are getting a new set of base wheels. They're turbine shaped like the Tesla Model S, but they're also 18" instead of the 20/21" available on the Tesla.