Pre-Paid Maintenace Services

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C400
Pre-Paid Maintenace Services

Hello to all,

Is taking my vehicle to my nearest Mercedes Benz location worth the money I will be paying? I have a mechanic I have been going to for years, he is always genuine and honest about all the vehicles I have owned and has always been very flexible in giving us all possible options when there has been a problem with any of our vehicles.

Should I continue going with my trusted mechanic? Or would it be a better idea to take my new vehicle to be maintenance at the scheduled intervals at MB? Also, would it be work while to prepay for all intervals? The website says I could save up to 30%.

Thanks,
Old 06-19-2017, 08:48 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
There's a 99.9% chance your mechanic will be cheaper. The only concern is if you make warranty claims or have a lease then you must ensure they use genuine MB OEM parts for any and all repairs (and make sure it's documented so).

It's easy to determine the cost, since your Owner's manual clearly outlines what work needs to be done at each interval. Show it to your mechanic, ensure they use genuine Mercedes parts, get the estimate, and go from there.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
Originally Posted by Hapa88
There's a 99.9% chance your mechanic will be cheaper. The only concern is if you make warranty claims or have a lease then you must ensure they use genuine MB OEM parts for any and all repairs (and make sure it's documented so).
I heard about this as well but I cannot imagine they check every single parts.

For instance, if I replace the water pump with an aftermarket unit. How would they know within a few minutes of inspection?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by mis3
I heard about this as well but I cannot imagine they check every single parts.

For instance, if I replace the water pump with an aftermarket unit. How would they know within a few minutes of inspection?
You're already saving considerably by not servicing at MB, should at least buy the MB OEM parts to maintain the warranty.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
Originally Posted by threefirs
You're already saving considerably by not servicing at MB, should at least buy the MB OEM parts to maintain the warranty.
I do insist on MB parts. Main reason is I am in Canada and the only place to get MB parts is the dealerships. Dealer price here is sometimes 2-3 times more expensive than US. When I buy parts from US, OE parts is the only way to go.

My question is more for my curiosity. How can they check every part when someone returns a car affter lease end.