MB USA "Repurchase"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 02:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300W4, 2011 G37, 1998 528i Sport 5MT
MB USA "Repurchase"

After 3 years and 30,000 miles of having every problem possible with my 2015 C300, MB USA has agreed to "repurchase" my car. This happened after my torque converter quit on the freeway nearly causing a serious accident. Theytold me that since I'm in California they can only repurchase. I was hoping they would offer a deal on another C300, but they told me their hands are tied in California. Repurchase or nothing.
​​​​​​They told me that I will soon hear from a vendor who will discuss the specifics of the repurchase. Anyone gone through this process recently? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm pretty much clueless.

Last edited by gocal73; 03-17-2018 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk55
So is this a lemon? If so, I lemoned a 2006 BMW 330i after 8k miles. Basically they give u everything back minus the miles u drive. So if its 25 cents a mile for example they will keep 25 cents times 30k and give the rest back. At least that's how they did mine.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Bmwr1d3h
So is this a lemon? If so, I lemoned a 2006 BMW 330i after 8k miles. Basically they give u everything back minus the miles u drive. So if its 25 cents a mile for example they will keep 25 cents times 30k and give the rest back. At least that's how they did mine.
It should be back dated to the mileage when the problem was first reported.... If not, get a lawyer. Mercedes covers attorneys fees, I believe.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk55
Originally Posted by auditoamg
It should be back dated to the mileage when the problem was first reported.... If not, get a lawyer. Mercedes covers attorneys fees, I believe.
yes get a lawyer that's also what I did. You're probably right, get your money back with all the evidence they don't usually go to court just settle. It's not worth it for them.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300W4, 2011 G37, 1998 528i Sport 5MT
My problems started almost immediately after purchase. First there were the misaligned bumper and taillights. Then the window wind noise which took several visits to fix. Can't forget the engine rebuild that took a couple weeks. Then there is the torque converter failure on the freeway that almost caused a severe accident. Failure of both front axles (4matic) at different times. Misaligned doors and faulty weather stripping. Several software issues. Faulty seat cover. Let's not forget the most recent mystery of why doesn't my GPS, radio and media work? Second trip into service for that one this Saturday. I know I'm forgetting a few - good thing I have the service records. I have spent so much time and leave from work to drive back and forth to and from the service department, does that count for anything? it has gotten so bad my seriously good service advisor jokes that we are rebuilding your car from the ground up one piece at a time. I corrected them. Sometimes it's several pieces at a time.

So, the question becomes when does the car become a lemon? Is it the first incident? After 30 days out of service? Do the out of service days have to be consecutive? When it needs to be returned "x" number of times? After dealing with this car, I think I should get all my money back. It has not been a joy to drive since I spend my time looking out for the next problem to raise it's ugly head, rather than enjoying a premium automobile.

I hope I don't need a lawyer, but if I do, hopefully someone here has a recommendation or two.

As always, any advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!