Purchased a Garmin Navi SD card from Amazon & updated the card to Version 9.0...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 01:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'17 C300C4 Coupe...and a couple of other fun vehicles…
Purchased a Garmin Navi SD card from Amazon & updated the card to Version 9.0...

Hey Gang...

I purchased a Garmin Mercedes SD card for my '17 C300C4 (2/17 production) from Amazon Prime (free shipping & easy return if there was a problem with the card not functioning properly)...

Paid $110.90 for a A2139062704 Version 5.2/Maps 5.0...

Loaded the card into my C300C4 Navi system with out any issues..

Used the SD card in the car for two days...worked perfectly...

Today...I decided to update the card...

I downloaded the Garmin Mercedes update manager to my PC...https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/dcp/s...map-pilot.html

Entered a random user ID & password that I created...it than asked me to insert my SD card...

The Mercedes Garmin update manager than indicated I was eligible for a Version 9.0 update...

I followed the instruction's on the screen...and did the update...took about 10 hours...(don't forget to let the manager backup the existing SD card info in case there's a problem...it will ask you to backup the card before it downloads the update)...

Several times the download manager froze up...I never pulled the SD card out...but I signed out of the download manager...signed back in...and the download continued from where it had left off...

At the end of the process...I had to sign out...and log back-in three time...finally the download manger indicated the update was complete...

When I popped the updated SD card into the car...it fired right up...

On the version 9.0... the screen interface is complete different...much improved design...easier to use...

I very satisfied with the Version 9.0 update...just remember the update time is lengthy...and you might have to sign out...and sign-in several times to keep the process moving ...

Last edited by Willow1308; 04-02-2018 at 11:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bobolat (08-17-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 02:39 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
MBenz C205 250d
Originally Posted by Willow1308

Hey Gang...

I purchased a Garmin Mercedes SD card for my '17 C300C4 (2/17 production) from Amazon Prime (free shipping & easy return if there was a problem with the card not functioning properly)...

Paid $110.90 for a A2139062704 Version 5.2/Maps 5.0...

Loaded the card into my C300C4 Navi system with out any issues..

Used the SD card in the car for two days...worked perfectly...

Today...I decided to update the card...

I downloaded the Garmin Mercedes update manager to my PC...https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/dcp/s...map-pilot.html

Entered a random user ID & password that I created...it than asked me to insert my SD card...

The Mercedes Garmin update manager than indicated I was eligible for a Version 9.0 update...

I followed the instruction's on the screen...and did the update...took about 10 hours...(don't forget to let the manager backup the existing SD card info in case there's a problem...it will ask you to backup the card before it downloads the update)...

Several times the download manager froze up...I never pulled the SD card out...but I signed out of the download manager...signed back in...and the download continued from where it had left out...

At the end of the process...I had to sign out...and log back-in three time...finally the download manger indicated the update was complete...

When I popped the updated SD card into the car...it fired right up...

On the version 9.0... the screen interface is complete different...much improved design...easier to use...

I very satisfied with the Version 9.0 update...just remember the update time is lengthy...and you might have to sign out...and sign-in several times to keep the process moving ...

Is there not 3 years free updates from mercedes?
Old 04-02-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'17 C300C4 Coupe...and a couple of other fun vehicles…

Spent the day experimenting with the new Garmin 9.0 update...the screen interface is 100% better...so much easier to use...huge improvement...actually makes the navigation system usable!

Last edited by Willow1308; 04-03-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C300
Originally Posted by Willow1308

Spent the day experimenting with the new Garmin 9.0 update...the screen interface is 100% better...so much easier to use...huge improvement...actually makes the navigation system usable!

Thanks for the information, only took 4 hours to update my card. Unfortunately my screen interface did not change at all. Maybe it's the year of my car, 2018.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Luxury
Just wondering, can you use the touchpad to actually write the letters of the address on the GPS? If not, what other neat functions can the touchpad do on the GPS?