New Mercedes owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW Golf
Question New Mercedes owner

Hello everyone,

I currently drive a VW Golf 7 R which I'm very happy with, but I need to change for something bigger. I'm looking for a coupe form car now and to be honest the C Class Coupe is by far the best looking Coupe in its Class. So I went to a Mercedes dealer do get an offer for the C Class 220d Coupe and I got a reasonable good offer in fact much cheaper than I expected! So my question to you guys since I have no experience in owning a Mercedes is what options do you think is a must have in a C Class Coupe or maybe you guys can say which options I don't need. The Offer I got, is nearly full option appart from:

- Panoramic roof
- Electric seats
- Burmester sound system
- Adaptif dampers (or Air damper)
- Distronic
- 360° Camera

Appart from those options I think I got everything.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:53 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
That looks like you've got the most used options there. You will miss out on the power tho.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW Golf
Yeah I know I will probably miss my 350HP, but I need a more economic car too so... Thanks for the answer.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:48 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
I have a US '17 C300 with the Premium 2 package.
I don't have Distronic Plus, Airmatic, or a 360 camera (wasn't available for it).
I have all the others.

The sunroof was a must for me (gotta have my sunlight), and the blind spot detection has been good enough for me.
Not sure how much the Burmester system was an "option" with COMAND, but it's not special...at.all.
It's nothing like the E and S class versions: it's a Burmester in label only.
It's not even marginally impressive. I've had to use surround sound settings (eww) to keep it from clipping.

That said, I still love it, nearly 2 years later, and have had no major issues.
The following users liked this post:
blaacky (05-18-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C205 C300
I have all of the above on my C300, with the exception of distronic.

I came from and M Sport 330d, so the air suspension was first on my list due to driving the BMW bone shaker for 3 years! If you’re in an R now though, suspect standard suspension will be enough for you.

I would highly recommend the 360 camera. It’s brilliant and has saved my wheels lots of times on kerbs etc. Pays for itself quickly!

Pan sunroof is great, but depends on cost personally. Wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me.

Sound system is poor, as covered on here already. Speaker grills look much better than the standard ones, but that’s where it ends. Poor from MB considering.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:11 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
MBenz C205 250d
Panoramic roof electric seats will help resale value. But why didn’t you ask about 250d? I have it with the 9 speed auto have to say I’m impressed with the torque and power. I had the same engine in an slk before and there just is no comparison whatever they’ve done.