Air bag SRS module reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
MBenz C205 250d
Air bag SRS module reset

Just a heads up on the difficulties I encountered building a C205 coupe with the above module having been set off my a rear window airbag and the rear belts on a rear impact and the well intentioned people out there that advertise the resetting/reprogramming of this module.
1. It can't be done as it doesn't need reset, when the belts etc have been replaced a diagnostic check (Star using zentry software is the only diagnostic tool to use) will clear the faults no need to remove the module. There is a train of thought that you can only clear the faults once then its a new one.
2. Don't buy a used one as they cannot be reprogrammed to your car the module won't let you change the VIN unlike the W204. Ebay and the like are full of them. If you do need to change a new one is the way to go.
3. The diagnostic software advertised on amazon and the like to clear faults in Mercedes will not cover this model or I believe any 2015 model onwards the technology is too advanced. (see 1 above for the proper diag).

On a separate note the rear seatbelt warning which comes on when first started even tho no one is in the rear showing a seatbelt not buckled is a tad weird. I say this because in the above car no-one was in the rear at the time of collision but both belts were buckled hence they went 'off' unnecessarily costing approx £280 to replace.

These are my findings I imagine or expect to be contradicted but Ive spent some time speaking to well intention amateurs and experts, and I had success using the above.