Extended Warranty Cost/Term

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300
Extended Warranty Cost/Term

I have a 2015 W205 with 40,000 miles with the original warranty expiring in a couple of months. My local dealer offered an additional 3 year/75,000 mile extended warranty for $3,225. Mechanically the car has been okay, but the electronics have been error-prone and that’s something that only a dealer can fix so it puts owners in a vulnerable position. If it was 5/100,000 for that price it would represent a decent value, but for just 3 years it seems like I should either get rid of the car or self-insure.

My in-laws used to keep MBs for years and get 150,000+ miles on them. I was hoping to get 10 years or 100,000 miles but maybe that’s too much to ask for these days. I am truly vexed as to the right move here. I would get a Lexus but I really need seats that fold down (Lexus does not), and other luxury brands (Audi, BMW) seem to have the same reliability problems. Honest feedback genuinely appreciated.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 Coupe AMG
sad to hear you're having problems mine has been pitch perfect and no problems other than the comand system crashing and lagging
I would recommend extending the warranty if you plan on keeping it hearing that you're having problems but than again it ends once you hit 75k miles
But for 3000 dollars it's not that expensive.