New to MB......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Cabriolet
New to MB......

Coming from BMW world, we owned 3 five series sedans prior to moving to FL. Our lease was up, so we looked at three cars: the BMW 430i, the Audi A5, and the C300, all cabriolets. Although I let her make the decision, I acted as ‘technical advisor’, and here were my impressions.

The 2019 BMW is the only retractable hard top, but it felt clunky in operation, and the interior felt a bit dated, like our recent 5 series. Acceleration was the worst of the three (yeah, these are all base models...), and looks wise, again it looked a bit dated. We both rated as third place.

The Audi was a surprise. Better looking in person, nice interior and superior electronics inside, including the Bang and Olefson sound system. Ride quality excellent, a bit of turbo lag not withstanding. Unfortunately it was a 2018 (the 19s aren’t out yet), and they only had one on the lot, not in our preferred color. Rating - near miss.

C300. Best looking, Polar White exterior with Nougat (brown) interior looks great. Wife loved the ride and the interior. Definitely the best drive train. Smiled broadly when she got out of the car (terrible poker player). Left me to do the tough negotiation. Sold........

Each has their strengths and weaknesses. We had the top down for a nice late afternoon Florida ride. I think we have a winner.......

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of these models.

Last edited by wthensler; 11-13-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C class coupe
Originally Posted by wthensler
Coming from BMW world, we owned 3 five series sedans prior to moving to FL. Our lease was up, so we looked at three cars: the BMW 430i, the Audi A5, and the C300, all cabriolets. Although I let her make the decision, I acted as ‘technical advisor’, and here were my impressions.

The 2019 BMW is the only retractable hard top, but it felt clunky in operation, and the interior felt a bit dated, like our recent 5 series. Acceleration was the worst of the three (yeah, these are all base models...), and looks wise, again it looked a bit dated. We both rated as third place.

The Audi was a surprise. Better looking in person, nice interior and superior electronics inside, including the Bang and Olefson sound system. Ride quality excellent, a bit of turbo lag not withstanding. Unfortunately it was a 2018 (the 19s aren’t out yet), and they only had one on the lot, not in our preferred color. Rating - near miss.

C300. Best looking, Polar White exterior with Nougat (brown) interior looks great. Wife loved the ride and the interior. Definitely the best drive train. Smiled broadly when she got out of the car (terrible poker player). Left me to do the tough negotiation. Sold........

Each has their strengths and weaknesses. We had the top down for a nice late afternoon Florida ride. I think we have a winner.......

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of these models.
Agreed! I love my Mercedes. Looked at the Audi (too plain looking) and the BMW (interior sucked to me, dated). Took one drive in the C coupe (it was the 2018 model earlier this year) and was sold. The ride was great and the interior trim was classy and luxurious in my opinion. l had been really eyeing the E class coupe since it was redesigned for 2018. But the cost was a bit outside my comfort level. But when I read of all the new features coming to the 2019 C class coupe, I decided to temper my excitement and wait for the 2019 C coupe since it inherited a lot of E class features.
I think you made the right choice!