Random Badging Question...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 01:53 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 C300 Coupe AMG Sport Package
Random Badging Question...?

Did Mercedes at any time badge sport models as sport? There's a couple CLA's running around my city that are badged with a sport emblem in the same place that other Mercedes are badged biturbo etc. I looked around online and saw that Mercedes OEM Sport badges can be ordered.
Why did Mercedes stop badging sport models if in fact they did previously? I actually found a gorgeous sport special edition badge, however, is that silly to put on your car?
Old 07-26-2019, 07:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C205
I have never seen "sport" badge on any mercedes model. Altough it could be about marketing, depending on countires and dealers.
Where I live, if the car has AMG package, it is badged with "//AMG ". Even they are advertised as "Mercedes Benz C250 AMG"
Old 06-28-2020, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 350 Likes on 229 Posts
S600
Back to original topic:: Why not use high performance non-run-like-crap tires on the S-xx0

There is a thing called "too much tire".

When a tire has a lot of grip but the suspension is still rather plush, the grip of the tire can cause { excessive roll in turns, excessive dive in severe braking } which can lead to putting the suspension in a position it was not optimized for* leading to loss of control. (*) would never have encountered with standard tire grip levels.

Just like springs need to be matched to shocks, to a good extent, tires need to be matched to the rest of the suspension, too.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:29 AM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
2023 E-Class Coupe (C238)
Originally Posted by Brittnie Jane
I actually found a gorgeous sport special edition badge, however, is that silly to put on your car?
Not if that's what you like. Regardless of the histrionics from members of the "Badge Police", it's your car and you should do what gives you the most enjoyment.