Confused About the Suspension Differences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 10:15 AM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2012 E550 Sedan
Unhappy Confused About the Suspension Differences

I'm considering getting a new 2019 C300 Cabrio. I had one as a rental for 5 days and I enjoyed it. It had the base suspension with 18" tires and I thought the ride was surprisingly comfortable and it handled corners great.

The car that I am interested in is at an out of state dealer and it has the AMG Line package for $1,500 with 18" tires. The specs/size of the AMG Line package tires are exactly the same as the ones that come standard with the car. I thought the AMG Line package was simply cosmetic.

The MBUSA website does not mention anything about a sport suspension being included with the AMG Line package, but the window sticker on the car specifically says that a "Sport Suspension" is included with the AMG Line package. I do NOT want a harsh ride, so I don't know if the sport suspension with the AMG Line package will be to my liking.

What makes it more confusing is on the MBUSA website under the "Build your own" section it lists "Sport Suspension" as a standard feature on ALL C300 Cabrio models, but I think that might be a mistake on the site.

My goal is for comfort. Does anyone know if the Sport Suspension with the AMG Line package feels the same as the base suspension? I specifically didn't even consider the C43 AMG Cabrio because of the supposed harsher ride, but I just read other people post on this forum how surprised they were at the comfortable ride in the C43 AMG.

I know the obvious solution is to test drive all of them at a local dealer, but I don't want to waste their time when I know I won't be buying from them because the car with the colors I want is at an out of state dealer. That's why I wanted to get your input. Thanks.

Last edited by jumpman726; 07-29-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB 350 BT P2 Distronics+
I have the same questions
Old 09-29-2022, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 447 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
Originally Posted by jumpman726
I'm considering getting a new 2019 C300 Cabrio. I had one as a rental for 5 days and I enjoyed it. It had the base suspension with 18" tires and I thought the ride was surprisingly comfortable and it handled corners great.

The car that I am interested in is at an out of state dealer and it has the AMG Line package for $1,500 with 18" tires. The specs/size of the AMG Line package tires are exactly the same as the ones that come standard with the car. I thought the AMG Line package was simply cosmetic.

The MBUSA website does not mention anything about a sport suspension being included with the AMG Line package, but the window sticker on the car specifically says that a "Sport Suspension" is included with the AMG Line package. I do NOT want a harsh ride, so I don't know if the sport suspension with the AMG Line package will be to my liking.

What makes it more confusing is on the MBUSA website under the "Build your own" section it lists "Sport Suspension" as a standard feature on ALL C300 Cabrio models, but I think that might be a mistake on the site.

My goal is for comfort. Does anyone know if the Sport Suspension with the AMG Line package feels the same as the base suspension? I specifically didn't even consider the C43 AMG Cabrio because of the supposed harsher ride, but I just read other people post on this forum how surprised they were at the comfortable ride in the C43 AMG.

I know the obvious solution is to test drive all of them at a local dealer, but I don't want to waste their time when I know I won't be buying from them because the car with the colors I want is at an out of state dealer. That's why I wanted to get your input. Thanks.
There is only 1 suspension set up for the C 300. AMG pkg is cosmetic only. C 43 features different springs, shocks and struts. It is a stiffer ride than the C 300 but most people like it.