Assitance required!!! What is this part?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 250
Assitance required!!! What is this part?

Hi there -

I recently got a C 250 coupe navi, 2017, as a payment for an old debt. All in all, it is a nice car, if you ignore the awfully cheap sound sistem Mercedes decided to put on it.

I found this forum and following some very interesting threads, decided to fully revamp the audio system with Audison/Hertz equipment.

Today the installers dismounted everything to begin with the project but found this device attached to the gas pedal.

A few weeks ago I asked at the Mercedes shop to install a sports chip, something similar to the M power performance chip sold by BMW. (I am usually a bimmer guy, this is my first Merc)

The guys described this device as an aftermarket sensitivity upgrade for the gas pedal and implied that the shop, instead of installing a sports/performance chip/upgrade, merely installed this device to increase response instead of what I originally paid for.

I am, quite frankly, lost. I cannot believe that a Mercedes shop would do such a thing but this guys know their craft. I anyway would like to try to confirm this before going to the shop and maybe being lied to again.

if any of you here knows what this is, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!