C205 shopping. Any known issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x1
C205 shopping. Any known issues?

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been a BMW driver for the past 20 years, but having a friend with a GLC and another with a c63 I think i'm about ready to jump ship. My finance deal on my BMW f48 ends in a few months so i'm in the market for a (used 2016 ish) C-Class Coupe / AMG Line / Petrol.

Now, from the BMW world i'm used to a lot problems / known issues which BMW generally ignore and we have to deal with ourselves. I'm going to search the forum in depth over the next few days so please bare with me as i'm coming into this knowing absolutely nothing.
Are there any known issues anyone could highlight? This will also be my first petrol car in some time.. I'm guessing this model would have the 'M270 DE20' engine? Is there anything i should know about this?

Thanks
Andy
Old 08-13-2020, 08:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300
Id just be sure to get a CPO as the warranty on them is outstanding...unlimited miles.
The following users liked this post:
Andrew Evans (08-13-2020)
Old 08-19-2020, 01:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
Originally Posted by Andrew Evans
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been a BMW driver for the past 20 years, but having a friend with a GLC and another with a c63 I think i'm about ready to jump ship. My finance deal on my BMW f48 ends in a few months so i'm in the market for a (used 2016 ish) C-Class Coupe / AMG Line / Petrol.

Now, from the BMW world i'm used to a lot problems / known issues which BMW generally ignore and we have to deal with ourselves. I'm going to search the forum in depth over the next few days so please bare with me as i'm coming into this knowing absolutely nothing.
Are there any known issues anyone could highlight? This will also be my first petrol car in some time.. I'm guessing this model would have the 'M270 DE20' engine? Is there anything i should know about this?

Thanks
Andy
The only issue I've had with my 2019 C300 coupe (w/ AMG Line, loaded) is poor interior build quality. While it looks amazing, and better than most competitors, there are tons of creaks and rattles especially if you have big swings in temperature where you live. I've owned multiple C250s and an E350 and while the interior didn't LOOK as great, it was rock solid. That being said, I have one in brilliant blue with 19" multispokes and constantly get compliments on it from strangers. Still a very fun car to drive. I will say that I also have a 2020 540i currently, and the tech in MB is much more intuitive. The BMW is a bit more feature-rich with the Nav than MB, but is harder to get the hang of.