Headlights issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2024, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220D W205 Coupe
Lightbulb Headlights issue

Hey guys, I've had some issues in past months with my ILS headlights. It all started when the "stop vehicle leave engine running" issue appeared on my dashboard due to my old main battery. I sort of ignored it for a month then my headlights started flickering one night and went kaput - right dipped beam, right turn signal and left beams stopped working. After numerous visits to different services, I purchased new control modules (all 4) and replaced them myself. After replacing, the exact same behavior was happening. Then I read somewhere that those new modules need coding so I took the car to an electrical engineer to recode/reprogram those. He did that and now the headlights operate correctly: low beams, high beams, turn signals & DRLs all work normally. However, the adaptive high beam function at night isn't working anymore, the one which you activate when pushing the lights lever (pulling flashes the high beam) - I think it's called IHC+. It correctly shows that it's being set on auto, but the high beam never open - it just stays on low beam all the time.

I've pulled a carly and scanned the errors. Here they are:

- U006488 : -Communication with the user interface CAN bus has a malfunction. Bus OFF / Communication with the user interface CAN bus has a malfunction. Bus OFF / Vehicle Communication Bus E bus off
- b1fb801: Temperature sensor 3 of control unit 'LED, driving lights actuation module' has a malfunction. There is a general electrical fault. / Temperature sensor 3 of control unit "LED, driving lights actuation module" has a malfunction. There is a general electrical fault. / -Temperature sensor 3 of control unit 'LED, driving lights actuation module' has a malfunction. There is a general electrical fault.
- C152616 : The left rear level sensor has a malfunction. The limit value for electrical voltage has not been attained. / -The left rear level sensor has a malfunction. The limit value for electrical voltage has not been attained. / - The left rear level sensor has a malfunction. The limit value for electrical voltage has not been attained.

Anyone has any pointers?