small tear in 300 2019 roof cloth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 11:17 AM
MMS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E550 Cabriolet
small tear in 300 2019 roof cloth

hi everyone, I wonder if others have had to deal with a small tear like this in the cloth of the convertible top. I need recommendations of technique or product to use to prevent it from getting too much worse than this. Any tips greatly

tear
appreciated.Thank you
Old 06-11-2024, 01:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
C43 AMG 2019
Originally Posted by MMS
hi everyone, I wonder if others have had to deal with a small tear like this in the cloth of the convertible top. I need recommendations of technique or product to use to prevent it from getting too much worse than this. Any tips greatly

tear
appreciated.Thank you
Hi MMS

Do you still have this issue? I've got exactly the same on mine. I believe it's something to do with the roof being very slightly out of alignment and when it goes down into the boot/trunk it catches on a metal bracket.

Basically you need to use the key fob to open the roof, when you do so, just push that part of the roof in, past the offending bracket.

I will take some pics and post as soon as it stops raining.

Main dealer wouldn't touch it, although I had an extended warranty it's not covered. I'm in the process of trying to find a roof expert to realign otherwise it's a new roof if it gets any worse.

Very frustrating and not something you expect.