Roomate closed the garage door on my back up camera...argh!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 c300 coupe 4matic
Roomate closed the garage door on my back up camera...argh!

Back up Camera Question...

Yesterday i was parked in my garage and my roommate was parked behind me in the driveway. She went to move out of my way for me to leave. As i started up my car, put in in reverse and started to creep out my garage as i waited for my roommate to move out of the way. The rear of my car was right at the garage door line and for some God forsaken reason unknown to common sense... when she was moving she hit the garage door opener/closer button that was on her sun visor and the garage door came down right on top of my open reverse camera behind the Mercedes emblem. The emblem got scuffed up and now the mechanical mechanism that moves the emblem to expose the camera is broke. The camera electrical works, when i put the car in reverse the camera opens about 1/4 of the way and barely shows an image because its not exposed, and when i put it in park or drive the emblem and camera does not close. I had my buddy stand behind the car when i put it in reverse and he said he could hear the mechanical mechanism try to move the camera but it obviously doesnt open up all the way. Next i put in reverse with the driver door open (so im able to go to the back of the car with the anti roll-away lock in place so the car doesnt move) and i can move the camera up and down a little to expose more of a video picture inside the car. Also when i try to push the emblem back flushly into the car when i take it out of reverse, it doesnt want to go back in all the way, so its stuck out a little I took the trunk panels off to try and see all the parts of the motor, etc and i can tell its connected to the trunk release and close hinge but i cant see much of the back up camera equipment. To get to the backup camera i will have to take the trunk release apart and before i start tinkering i wanted to get some advise and info from anybody who has removed/installed/changed there back up camera on a w205 c300 coupe 1st gen (2017)

When i went on ebay to look for used back up cameras, there isnt any that come with the emblem attached. So im assuming the camera can detach from the emblem unit that its mounted to. Anybody have experience with the back up camera removal and how the system functions in terms of the opening and closing mechanism? I am going to post some pictures when i get to work in the morning. Thanks, I appreciate everyone's time.

Last edited by scemadrucci; Yesterday at 07:34 PM.