C43 Cabriolet Roof wont go down!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2024, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 Cabriolet
C43 Cabriolet Roof wont go down!!

Hi Guys&Girls, im facing a really strange issue, i have a C43 Cab A205 from 2021 with only 30K km on it, and after an manual Carwash im having trouble lowering the roof.

The problem:
As soon as i open the car the car flashes "Open/Close Top Completely" eaven though the top is closed. neither the window button in the middle or the soft top button reacts or work, when i then pass trough 60 km/h i get a red flasing sign saying "top lowering" again the top is already completely up and i cannot operate any of the middle buttons.

what makes this really annoying to is that the trunk is closed to. i cannot acces or open it.

does any of you guys have any advice ?
Old 09-13-2024, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E320
Common causes for this problem include a malfunctioning micro-switch in the roof mechanism, water affecting the electrical components, or a fault in the control module. Sometimes, moisture can interfere with the sensors or wiring, especially after a thorough wash.

I recommend using a good diagnostic scanner to check for any error codes that could help pinpoint the issue. I've had great experiences with youcanic scanners—they're user-friendly and excellent for DIY repairs. Xentry is another option that's very comprehensive but a bit more complicated to navigate. With the right scanner, you might be able to identify the problem yourself and possibly avoid a trip to the dealership. Hope this helps, and good luck getting it sorted out!