C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Hardwiring satellite radio (did search)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Hardwiring satellite radio (did search)

I want to get Sirius put in my car. Right now I'm debating about whether or not to pay Best Buy the $81 to install it or not. I have found the appropriate route to wire the antenna (once I started looking, I laughed at how easy it was) in the center of my roof in the back. I just wanted to know if anyone knows how hard it would be to hard wire the Starmate for power (so it comes on when the car's turned on and I can avoid the cigarette lighter meathod). Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I'm also installing a Satellite Radio receiver and would also like to know how to hardwire it, but davis, you said you figured out a path for the antenna wire. I guess it wasn't as obvious for me because I can't figure out an easy path to take in order to have none of the wire showing. I have a sunroof and was possible thinking of going thru there but I couldn't get that to work. I also have the stock antenna for the stereo centered on my roof that I could possible go thru. What is your route?