C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

C280 High Pitch Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280 High Pitch Sound

Hi all, I just got the car back from having a new transmission installed. When I drive the car I get high pitch sound as if coming from the passenger fron side. I have noticed that it just shows up now and then thought maybe radio turned it off and that was not the problem. When I step on the brakes I hear it and also if I let off on the gas pedal. I have no idea what it may be. Sometimes it stays for 30 seconds to 2 minutes other times it only about 15 seconds. It is driving me mad.....anyone have any ideas. Oh By high pitch I mean like a whistle type high pitch very high decibal...hurts ears sometimes. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:26 PM

W202 black on black
I am having the same trouble... difference is, i didn't have anything done... it just started showing up, its so annoying... my mechanic said its a storing noise from charging alternator... couldn't do anything about it.. but i notice that the noise disappear when i go faster...and as i drive longer..
I have a 94 c280. Anybody had any experience about this? anybody knows of a cure ? please help us out... if u could only knew how annoying this noise is !!!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:34 PM

My 98 c280 has just developed the same problem. When the fan is off on my temperature control in the dash the sound appears. If I have the fan on without the cabin circulation off it goes away. If I push the in cabin circulation button it comes on again. The only way that I can drive without it is to put the fan on with the the in cabin circulation off. I'm getting ready to add a new post for this problem if I can't find a way to fix it.