C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Need Tuning Advice 192hp C200K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2006 | 04:39 PM
Almost a Member!

Need Tuning Advice 192hp C200K

I own an Auto 1997 W202 C200 Kompressor (192hp) and i would like to upgrade my engine without having to "open it". I think a good idea might be to change the pulleys of the engine (dont know which ones) followed by the proper chip and maybe an exhaust system, I only came across scattered information though. Dont want to mess with pistons, cranks, etc etc. Please help me on this one! Thanks!

Last edited by NEA-4311; 01-15-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-16-2006 | 01:23 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 W202 C230 Kompressor Sport
intake, header, exhaust are all options, though I believe the intake has to be custom made (i'm currently working on a setup for my 230k). the header and exhaust are going to be f'in expensive. kleeman makes an larger diameter crank pulley to spin the supercharger faster, creating more psi, which the motor should be able to handle, from their bulletproof reputation. kleeman also makes a chip, as does upsolute, and you can always work on lightening the car
Old 01-16-2006 | 06:54 AM
Almost a Member!

Know where to look for Kompr crank pulleys kit?

Actually that crank is what im interested in particular, they told me that it will do the trick followed by a chip and maybe a racing catalysator or sth.

Somewhere in this forum though i read that Kleemann has stoppped making these crank pulleys (someguy had trouble finding one and eventually they sent him the wrong one). Now i know there are some other brands but will they do anything? Do you guys Know where to look on the internet? Not only for Kleemann.

Hey thanks for your reply K_Sport
Old 01-16-2006 | 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Originally Posted by K_Sport Driver
intake, header, exhaust are all options, though I believe the intake has to be custom made (i'm currently working on a setup for my 230k). the header and exhaust are going to be f'in expensive. kleeman makes an larger diameter crank pulley to spin the supercharger faster, creating more psi, which the motor should be able to handle, from their bulletproof reputation. kleeman also makes a chip, as does upsolute, and you can always work on lightening the car
Not 100% sure on your model but I recall Kleeman ECU upgrade on the Kompressors give up to 20% gain. That along with the pulley mod should make
a nice first mod for a little more power. I think the Kleeman chip will net more
than the upsolute....could be wrong. I recall when I had my Turbo GTI, upsolute
wasn't as good (in terms of power output) as the APR I went with at the time (that could now be different). So, I'd say chip it pulley mod it.

If you have the $$ then you can into other mods like the other post mentioned.
Old 01-16-2006 | 01:20 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 W202 C230 Kompressor Sport
Originally Posted by trbo2nr
Not 100% sure on your model but I recall Kleeman ECU upgrade on the Kompressors give up to 20% gain. That along with the pulley mod should make
a nice first mod for a little more power. I think the Kleeman chip will net more
than the upsolute....could be wrong. I recall when I had my Turbo GTI, upsolute
wasn't as good (in terms of power output) as the APR I went with at the time (that could now be different). So, I'd say chip it pulley mod it.

If you have the $$ then you can into other mods like the other post mentioned.
if I remember correctly, the combination of the pulley and chip from kleeman frees up about 20% more power. no little drop in the bucket, for sure. It is, on the other hand, somewhere on the high end of $1,xxx, which is, right now, waaaaay out of my price range. I have heard that they do make more than the Upsolute chip, but I guess it depends on your budget :p I'm with you though, chip and pulley will give you the most bang for the buck.
Old 01-17-2006 | 10:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Still getting nowhere

How does someone install this chip without UPSolute's support? There are no resellers or distributors in the car's current location (its not in London)

I e-mailed UPSolute and they told me that "Selfinstallation is not possible because you need special tools and also a good ecu know how to install the chip. We also need the orignal file first to create a tuning program, the only option i can offer you is to send the ecu to your nearest upsolute reseller to make the upgrade."

So can it be done by someone *with* the know-how ofcourse, but random?What did you do? Is it safe? And could you please send me some links of retailers for pulleys and superchips in Europe? Other options accepted as well

Thanks again for the effort

Last edited by NEA-4311; 01-17-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2006 | 05:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Originally Posted by NEA-4311
How does someone install this chip without UPSolute's support? There are no resellers or distributors in the car's current location (its not in London)

I e-mailed UPSolute and they told me that "Selfinstallation is not possible because you need special tools and also a good ecu know how to install the chip. We also need the orignal file first to create a tuning program, the only option i can offer you is to send the ecu to your nearest upsolute reseller to make the upgrade."

So can it be done by someone *with* the know-how ofcourse, but random?What did you do? Is it safe? And could you please send me some links of retailers for pulleys and superchips in Europe? Other options accepted as well

Thanks again for the effort
In both my Mercedes and VW Turbo, I had to send the ECU to PowerChipGroup and/GoApr. Turn around was 2-days. In fact I overnighted it
on a Thursday and it was back on Monday in both cases. It's very easy to remove and will take about 15 minutes tops. The brand pullies I have is listed
in my signature and I'm unsure about where to get the other one to increase
the psi of the blower.