C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

C280...Bad Transmissions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2006 | 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by davis449
You need the class, obviously. I bet that post took you a long time to create. Did you find "colloquialisms" in the dictionary? I'm so proud of you. I used no "ghetto speak" in that post, so I have no idea where the hell you got that from.

Sorry for jumping your **** RoninAG.
You're too illiterate to even understand my post. How will you ever graduate high school or isn't that on your agenda? At least you have enough class to apologize but "jumping your ****" isn't in an English to any language translation book. You don't get it.
Old 04-26-2006 | 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Originally Posted by mleskovar
You're too illiterate to even understand my post. How will you ever graduate high school or isn't that on your agenda? At least you have enough class to apologize but "jumping your ****" isn't in an English to any language translation book. You don't get it.
Now that is as juvenile as it gets. If you have such a problem with my language, why don't you head on back to your forum (w203) and then over to the Off Topic and ***** out just about EVERY SINGLE ONE of our members for bad grammar, because 60% of the people here do not type the way they talk nor vis versa. BTW, I'm 4 months from graduating college (degree number two) and I have 7 years experience in my field and I'm only 24. I bet you didn't even come CLOSE to that when you were my age (if in fact you are older than me, it's hard to tell from your juvenile responses).

Last edited by davis449; 04-26-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2006 | 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'17 Jaguar XF
Now that is as juvenile as it gets. If you have such a problem with my language, why don't you head on back to your forum (w203) and then over to the Off Topic and ***** out just about EVERY SINGLE ONE of our members for bad grammar, because 60% of the people here do not type the way they talk nor vis versa. BTW, I'm 4 months from graduating college (degree number two) and I have 7 years experience in my field and I'm only 24. I bet you didn't even come CLOSE to that when you were my age (if in fact you are older than me, it's hard to tell from your juvenile responses).
So it's "juvenile" because you don't understand it? I called you out because you insulted someone for not having command of the English language when they were asking for help and clarification and you are just as much at fault. You are proof that having an education doesn't mean one is educated or smart. You can buy ten degrees and it won't make you a better person. "My forum" is any public forum I choose. I only ended up here because the W202 and W203 share drive train components. And it's 'vice versa' mister "4 months from graduating college (degree number two) and I have 7 years experience in my field".
Old 04-27-2006 | 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So it's "juvenile" because you don't understand it? I called you out because you insulted someone for not having command of the English language when they were asking for help and clarification and you are just as much at fault. You are proof that having an education doesn't mean one is educated or smart. You can buy ten degrees and it won't make you a better person. "My forum" is any public forum I choose. I only ended up here because the W202 and W203 share drive train components. And it's 'vice versa' mister "4 months from graduating college (degree number two) and I have 7 years experience in my field".
You know, you can laugh at me all you want and it won't do you any good. I wasn't, in effect, telling you to "go home" to your forum. I was simply stating that calling me out on my grammar and going the "you didn't graduate high school" route doesn't make you better or smarter than anyone. I apologized to the guy, I misinterpreted his post, now you can go mind your own ****ing business.
Old 04-27-2006 | 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'17 Jaguar XF
I misinterpreted his post:
Good, I'm glad you admitted it. I just don't want people from other countries to think all Americans are *** holes (if you're not American, I apologize).
Old 04-27-2006 | 07:17 AM
Almost a Member!

Elegance
Good, I'm glad you admitted it. I just don't want people from other countries to think all Americans are *** holes (if you're not American, I apologize).
Mleskovar I welcome you! Thanks you ......

Davis449 Hi You write that hate 722.6 but why?... You can not correctly explain. You of success!
Old 04-27-2006 | 11:50 AM

C32, 911 SC

Where did that come from???

But seriously.... I can't understand what that guy was saying too... English isn't my first language and I usually have greater understanding than American if other international people speak english.... But this time, I give up.
Old 04-27-2006 | 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RoninAG
Mleskovar I welcome you! Thanks you ......

Davis449 Hi You write that hate 722.6 but why?... You can not correctly explain. You of success!
Well, the fact that I've had to have it worked on, and I REALLY don't want to know how much it really costs out of warranty, twice before 75k miles is number one. It doesn't downshift upon deceleration very well, hence there is a delay when you push the gas pedal after braking to pick up speed again because you're still stuck in 3rd, sometimes even 4th gear, when you go for the gas pedal again. Sometimes you have to floor it to get it to downshift. A good example would be when you make a left turn (probably right turn in your country) while rolling (the light is green and your slowing to make the turn) you have no "get up and go" when you come out of the turn. In general, it's not responsive at all. By comparison, if you go for the gas in a normal fashion after braking (or decelerating) in a similar year Honda Accord, that transmission is there for you right when you need it. It makes it effortless to drive. I have learned to compensate for this, but I don't beleive one should have to LEARN to drive an automatic. All these symptoms I have experienced with both of the different transmissions in C 280's (vaccum controlled and electronic). It's broad spectrum across the board, even the 2005 C 230K I am driving right now, mine's in the shop, has these same issues.
Old 04-28-2006 | 03:18 AM
Almost a Member!

Elegance
Well, the fact that I've had to have it worked on, and I REALLY don't want to know how much it really costs out of warranty, twice before 75k miles is number one. It doesn't downshift upon deceleration very well, hence there is a delay when you push the gas pedal after braking to pick up speed again because you're still stuck in 3rd, sometimes even 4th gear, when you go for the gas pedal again. Sometimes you have to floor it to get it to downshift. A good example would be when you make a left turn (probably right turn in your country) while rolling (the light is green and your slowing to make the turn) you have no "get up and go" when you come out of the turn. In general, it's not responsive at all. By comparison, if you go for the gas in a normal fashion after braking (or decelerating) in a similar year Honda Accord, that transmission is there for you right when you need it. It makes it effortless to drive. I have learned to compensate for this, but I don't beleive one should have to LEARN to drive an automatic. All these symptoms I have experienced with both of the different transmissions in C 280's (vaccum controlled and electronic). It's broad spectrum across the board, even the 2005 C 230K I am driving right now, mine's in the shop, has these same issues.

How many years you drive the car?
722.6 It is necessary to get used to driving.

In automatic boxes 722.6 was an engineering mistake. Which have corrected approximately in 1998. It was only the technical mistake which influenced durability 722.6. If it is interesting.... I can tell why.
Old 04-28-2006 | 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RoninAG
How many years you drive the car?
722.6 It is necessary to get used to driving.

In automatic boxes 722.6 was an engineering mistake. Which have corrected approximately in 1998. It was only the technical mistake which influenced durability 722.6. If it is interesting.... I can tell why.
I've had this car since July of last year, had the 95 for two years. I've learned to drive the car, but it's finicky behavior is what I'm complaining about here. Most other cars, when you go to the floor, you know what's gonna happen. This car, you never know what you're gonna get. Sometimes it's put-you-in-your-seat acceleration, and others it's hardly anything. LIke I said, I've noticed these traits in this car as well as the Kompressor I'm driving now. Also, I wouldn't go as far as to say that the engineering defect in the 1997 to 1998.5 722.6 was the ONLY thing that affected their durability. Take a run over to club202.com and do a search and you will find many people over there who have had their transmissions replaced on their 1999 and up models for defects etc. There are just as many, me included, who have had their vaccum controlled trannies replaced WELL under 70K. I firmly beleive that the maintenance schedule recommended by MB has a lot to do with the reliability of the 722.6 and all other MB transmissions.