C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Problems with an '95 C280

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2006 | 06:28 PM

2001 C240
Exclamation Problems with an '95 C280

This seems like a common problem that's going on but i've done many of the things that have been suggested. My car will randomly shake sometimes when I come up to a stop light. It only happens when I am in drive. If I put the car in neutral, the shaking stops. Also, the cars has just completely died on me when i'm at a stop. I just give it a few minutes and it starts up again. Finally it died on me and didn't start. I pushed it into a gas station and went back the next morning to tow it and it started up again!!!

I took it into servicing and they said the fuel pump was going out. I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter and it ran great. I was able to drive it for around 500 miles without any problems. Now i'm getting the shakes again when I'm at a stop. It also happens when I first start the car and put it into drive.

Another thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem as if the car is getting any coolant. The coolant level hasn't even budged since I bought the car. The hose that is connected to that has a melted section and i'm wondering if maybe I need to replace that? Could the whole problem be related to the car overheating in some way? Thanks

One more thing. The mechanics said that my car had 2 fuel pumps. The computer program they had said it had 2 also. Mercedes also said it had 2. They ordered both fuel pumps and when they went to replace them...they only found one. After lots of confusion and time on the phone with MB, they said there's only one. Anyone know the real truth lol?
Old 04-30-2006 | 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm sure when the mod wakes up he'll move this post but you really need to post this in the W202 forum, this is for the current W203 C280 which was first made in 2006.