C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Rough start when cold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough start when cold

OK, I don't know if anyone can help but here goes, bear with the lengthy description
'99 Kompressor

When I go to start my car after it has been sitting for about 8 hours, it will shake for the first 3 seconds while starting. It seems like it is going to stall but doesnt. Once it starts (always does), it is fine. Idle is fine, drives fine. Car has 85k on it now. I changed the plugs, MAF, and air filter at 80k. I just did the fuel filter a few days ago along with the addition of that Techron injector cleaner. These were done after the problem was already present. Anyway, when the car is warm it starts right up fine.
While searching I read about a car that was having a similar problem. Someone mentioned that a valve could be sticking which allows the fuel to slowly drain out of the fuel rail, just thought I'd throw that out there. Also, in my one year of ownership, car has yet to stall.

This seems like an odd problem, just hoping that someone might be able to crack it for me.

Thanks a bunch