C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Help with speaker wiring for Bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:38 PM
ddz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96 S320 and 97 E320
Help with speaker wiring for Bose

I have a 97 C280 with Bose sound system. For a while now I have had the driver door speaker not working. When I shift sound so only that speaker is active I hear the tweeter mounted in the driver side dash is working OK, just the door speaker is not. Can anyone with a wiring diagram for this system tell me if the wires for the door speaker come directly from the Bose amp only to the door speaker and another separate wire from amp to the tweeter, or if it is a common wire to both that may be separated somewhere else between the tweeter and the door speaker. If it is a common wire any help on locating where there might be a connector after the tweeter would also be helpful.

BTW - I have hooked up another speaker in place of the door speaker and it still doesn't work.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
If you have a Bose system, remember those speakers are not the same rating as common speakers (2 ohm?), so the output to them may not have been able to drive a normal speaker. Did you check the speaker wire for a signal? The wire can break in the door opening where it has to flex every time the door is opened or shut.

Search the archives here and at club202.com where there are billions of threads on the Bose system.

Doug
Old 11-11-2006, 04:49 PM
ddz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96 S320 and 97 E320
It's working now

This morning I found out my son has a bose amplified system in his 94 C280, even tho none of the speakers are bose. I swapped in his amp and verified the amp wasn't the problem. I pulled the speaker out and then the mounting cage for the speaker and found out that the speaker wire lead was only about 8 inches long with a plug at the other end. I found the other side of the plug behind the door panel, plugged it in and then had sound. What a relief.