C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

A/C issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2007 | 12:57 AM

A/C issue

did a search and couldn't find an answer to my problem. I have a 1997 c280.
just a few weeks ago, i had my AC comp. replaced witha rebuilt one. also changed the drier and expan sion valve. The shop installing it performed all the proper install steps. AC worked great until today. this morning it just blew warm air when i tuned it on. I shut the car down and restarted it, and the AC worked fine. brought it back to the shop anyway, and they checked the freon level, checked for leaks and made sure the compressor was working proplerly. while there i was messing with the HVAC controls and hit the EC button. It obviosly made the compressor stop. but when i turned off the EC mode, the compressor never turned back on. Not until i restarted the car. did this several times and everytime i hit the EC button the comp. never came back on. Every other button on the HVAC control works fine. even when swicthing from AC to defrost, then back to AC. the compressor comes back on no problem. Its only when i hit the EC button that the comp. never kicks back on. Anyone know somethig i may have overlooked. The shop even went so far as to check for codes and reset my computer. But found nothing wrong. I had to leave before the shop had a chance to check further. I just found it strange. any suggestions?