C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Bought 2000 c230, have a few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes c230
Bought 2000 c230, have a few questions

Hello, I bought a silver 2000 c230 kompressor about 5 months ago. I've put about 15,000 miles on it since then and have not had any major problems. I'm getting at 100,000 miles and just had a few questions:

How reliable is the 2000 c230 from here on out with regular maintenence and what problems can I most likely expect? (just in general)

I have a huge rust hole on the back trunk next to the keyhole, is there a place to replace the back trunk lid? (painted silver already?)

I notice a lot of the led's on the dash have gone out. For example, the temperature reads 69 degrees but is missing the bottom of the 6, how do I fix this?

My key no longer locks/unlocks the doors, is a battery in the key dead? How do I fix this?

And lastly, do you know where can I get some nice 17" rims that will fit the style of this car for under $1000? Are the "sport package" rims sold anywhere?

Your help would be appreciated! Thanks, Karl.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300E 3.2
Trunklid can be costly depending, did you talk to a bodyshop at all?, if the rust is to the point of needing a new panel welded, you might want to check silverstar recycling, or other MB used part suppliers. You'll need to get the trunk painted as even if it were matched to the factory color and shipped to you, it wouldn't necessarily match your car completely. If you got it in the same silver, it would likely still need to be blended.

The battery in your key is likely dead, just take the key apart and get the same battery. Walmart, radioshack, etc. all stock the battery, its fairly common and cheap.

Tirerack is a good place to get a complete wheel setup, if you are talking about wheels & tires for $1000, your options will be somewhat limited however. Ebay isn't a bad place to look for other people's takeoffs, and for $1k you should find something decent. Keep in mind however, when putting 17's on your car its going to look a bit raised up, and most people afterwards want to get the car lowered with lower springs & sport shocks.