C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Crusie control module question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C220
Crusie control module question

Helllo everyone.

With tips that I read about surging cruise controls, I found out that my problem was probably the cruise control module. From the information that I read, the module tends to develop weak solder points and can surge or stop working all together. Before I tried anything, the cruise would work intermittently and sometimes not all all for a few days. Sometimes it will work fine then start surging and turn off. I decided to solder all the points on the PCB board to see if it would fix the problem. Well, I lost the functionality altogether. This lead me to believe that this definitely was the issue.

I bought a used module from eBay and when I received it, the item was packed horribly and could have shook allot during shipment, because it did not work. Before I contact the seller, do I need to reset anything too make the module "reset" and start working? If not, I guess I need a replacement.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:38 PM

maybe too late for a reply to do any good. I had a 1995 C220 with bad cruise. Also bought a module from ebay (about $35). Plugged it in and it worked like a champ. No resetting of anything required. You need to use your old module (1" cube) to plug into the new cruise computer.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:36 PM

Just one question, im having the same problem with the Cruise Control sometimes working and sometimes not, i want to know where is the module located in the car... thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 06:24 PM

cruise computer location

The cruise computer is located right up against the firewall on the passenger side (USA) from the engine compartment. Silver box with connector on bottom, about the size of a paperback, slides straight up (no screws) to disengage from firewall mount. Note that there is a small (one inch cube) black module on the bottom that I beleive tailors the computer to your particular vehicle. That should be swapped from your old computer to new one, as very vehicle specific whereas many model numbers of cruise computer will work.