C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

I Don't know what to do Next. Please Help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 c230
Exclamation I Don't know what to do Next. Please Help.

I own a 1997 Mercedes C230 with 122,xxx. I just had the The Engine mounts replaced And the Transmission Mount replaced. The engine IS still stumbling at certain Rpm's mostly between 1500 and 2000 rpm. I already had new wires put on and A coil pack about 2 months ago. Still didn't help. I am wondering if it could be the Maf. how can i tell if it is? I unplugged the Maf and started the car same thing just not as bad i don't think. So what does unplugging the maf tell me? what should i look for? Also it seems the Sound of the Exhaust Changes too at Idle sometimes... Is it normal for the engine to shake when starting and shutting down the car? I can definitely feel the shaking when shutting down the car. I know people that drive other 4cyl cars and they don't do this, So i don't know if this is normal for a c230 or not. I can also feel every bump in the road so bad that it makes noises in the car sometimes.. i just had the ball joints replaced, it didn't help, they said the struts were fine but i don't know with this many miles.. Is it time to get them replaced? I am not sure how these cars are suppose to Ride since this is my first one. If i do need struts what's a good brand for the Best ride? Stock or aftermarket? Oh yea and my Throttle body thing i don't know what you call it the thing that opens and close's the butterfly valve thing electronically makes a weird hum all the time now even with just the key on... I would really really appreciate some help with this, if i cant get this resolved i am getting rid of this car, I haven't had it very long and love it! i just wish it would do right.. Thanks for all the help everyone. And sorry for all the many questions, this is really stressful for me.. I appreciate it very much, thanks again...
Old 03-14-2008, 11:11 AM

1997 C230
there might be a misfire on one of the 4 cylinders?

head gasket? spark plugs & wires?

i had a problem like that and im now getting my head gasket & spark plugs & wires changed. Ile let you know if it fixes my problem.

w202's had allot of problems with the head gasket, is your car leaking oil at all? if the leaking getts worse its prob the head gasket. take it to a shop for an inspection. it cost me $90 to get a nice inspection of my car then you know about your car. learn about it. its only $90...

Last edited by TranceSpeeder; 03-14-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:23 PM

1997 C230
& to let you know it did fix my problem. I changed the head gasket & spark plugs.